summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 13, 2023

oh, the dreaded phone call....

 ...it's funny, because even though Paul got the call, when he asked are you okay?  Where are you?, yeah, I freaked.  Who is it, what happened?!  

Evelyn hit a deer.  It's a common enough occurrence in New York State in the autumn, but it's scary and it's damaging.  

The car is still drivable, looks like a monster took a bite out of it.  (The poor deer!  She didn't make it...) Thankfully Evelyn is all right.  Her car is insured, but there's always that deductible, and having to bring it in, and the paperwork, it's not fun.  But, she is okay, and that's the important thing.  Paul and I drove to where she hit the deer, and waited with her for the police officer to arrive.  He was extremely nice, and cautioned her to pull over if any warning lights came on, so she wouldn't blow the engine, but she made it home all right.  

Never a dull moment.  I had a busy day yesterday, Kathryn and I went to Ollie's.

I got a new food processor for $29.99.  I never had one through the years until like 2018, got the Black and Decker at Walmart for like 25, and was like where have you been all my life?  The motor burned out a few months ago, and dang, I missed it.  New ones, even cheap ones, were at least fifty, so this was a good deal.  I would like a REALLY nice one, but I don't use it that often, and it seriously ain't happening, so...I'm very thankful for this.  (and yes, I used it already...made pie crusts for two chicken pot pies!)
Look who can sit in the cart now!  Kathryn did end up carrying him.  I wandered off with Rhys, and she had to call me...Achilles needed to use the bathroom, and she was carrying Jamison...
Achilles...it wasn't even sunny ha.

(Joe Cool...(Snoopy!)...or a mini celebrity...)
Rhys Harper...she's too much fun in the store.  I let her touch all the rugs, and smell the candles.  :)

Kathryn came in to visit for a bit with the kids, they had fun running around and playing. We had coffee and I held Jamie, we talked, and it was cozy.  I made the pot pies, and they stayed for dinner. 

We were all cleaned up from dinner and relaxing when the phone call came...I went out the door in my sweatpants!

This fine morning, brr!  It was 44 when I drove over to the pool for water aerobics.  Of course I slid into my Birkenstocks, and regretted it.  The pool though, love it.  The old people at the pool are all so nice, I really enjoy them all.  Sometimes we chat right through the class and it goes by in a blur.   Afterwards, a nice hot shower, then home, ahh home.  

I washed my car windows, then puttered around, vacuumed, did some laundry, a few dishes, and here I am.  Camille rounded up the library books, but we decided to wait to go when Charlotte gets home from school, in case we end up going to Target...she gets mad ha.  

There's still a pot pie for dinner, but I have to get some things for tomorrow's dinner...Margaret and Kathryn are coming over with their little ones.  We're thinking to go get some pumpkins, then maybe the school playground... 

Right now, my chair is comfy and my coffee is hot.  I put shorts on to do the cleaning and vacuuming, but now I'm cold and covered in a blanket, but I'm not complaining...I like summer better, but I don't mind a nice crisp fall day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment here either. One car issue after another and any time any of us go out I make same speech about the deer. They are all over in autumn.

The little ones are so cute. I love when my grandchildren stop over. Everyone needs young children in their life, esp these days, they are so refreshing, exhausting but refreshing.

Judy

Terri D said...

A fun catch-up for me! So sorry for the deer accident and glad Evelyn was okay! Wishing you a good weekend!

Cindy said...

THAT phone call is always so scary! Thankful she wasn't hurt. I'm having the kind of day where I do laundry, putter around the house... I still have to vacuum. But I have put the vacuum in the living room so I won't forget. :)