summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 19, 2023

the days slide by as the leaves fall down...k

 The wind is blowing, the sun is shining, and the leaves haven't reached peak colors here yet.  Some years the trees stand there naked, having shed their summer clothes while they were barely brilliant.  We're hoping they stay put until those brilliant reds and oranges show up.  

Tomorrow is my trip to Florida.  I'm hoping to get at least an hour of sunshine on my skin.  It hasn't been that long, and I already crave it.  Grandma isn't doing all that well, I wish I could just buy her a return ticket and fly her home with me.  It's not that simple though.  She's a Florida resident, ect.  And, she does not want to leave Florida.  She has a nice little apartment-type set up, but without the kitchen...just a small refrigerator.  But, she has a balcony.  She LOVES going out there and being in the warmth.  

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet today, but I am picking Evelyn up from the collision place, as she is dropping her car off.  She'll work from here.  

I'm having a bit of a hard time blogging today...but not all situations in life are mine to write about, and sometimes life is painful.  We can know that all things work together for our good, and believe that God cares for us and sends trials for our very best, but we are still human beings, who love fiercely and have hearts and souls.  They are called trials and sufferings for a reason.  

Mariel and I decided to check a bag, freeing up my backpack for my laptop, so I will be checking in this weekend.  Have a good day, and thank you for being my friends.  :)




8 comments:

Maureen said...

Things are very heavy now. Sending prayers in the hopes that your burdens become lighter and hope that you get to experience a bit of Florida sunshine!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 😊

Things can be hard sometimes, but as you say life goes on and hopefully everything works our for the best. It’s hard to leave when things are happening. I hope Grandma is ok too. It’s too bad she doesn’t want to go home with you, but who can blame her in a way. Dear lady loves Florida and who can blame her. I loved it too the few winters I spent there.

I’m getting quite excited as I sure you are, about our upcoming trip! We are both going somewhere warm 🌞🌞🌞🌞 My girls are excited too. Natalie just worked the last couple of nights so sleeping today…… she works 8 pm to 8 am. Her husband is driving us to the airport on Saturday so we don’t have to fiddle around with parking. There is construction going on at the airport so it’s confusing.

Our trees are beautiful at the moment. Such brilliant colours, but my hubby said snow is predicted for Monday πŸ₯ΆπŸ₯ΆπŸ₯Ά

Have a good trip Della …….. hopefully no flight delays!

Marilyn from Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

michb said...

safe travels...it will work out..God bless from Michelle.

Anonymous said...

I'm always here, even if I don't comment. Hugs and thank you for being my friend!! Hope to meet you someday, real hug πŸ€—
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Maureen, thank you. Marilyn, you are right, but some things are very hard to bear. I appreciate your care, and your kind comments more than you know. I'm excited for you for this trip to Arizona, warmth and sunshine and being with your girls. :). Michelle, thank you. :). Valerie, thank you, and I hope so too!

Anonymous said...

I love that wind when it sounds so lonesome and melancholy. Lol. Very comforting.
Anne H

Anonymous said...

Some things are very hard to bear. But what I have been reminded as I have studied Exodus is that;
He knows
He cares
He hears
He sees
He acts
That reassures me, and in His time He acts!

Enjoy Florida’s warmth and seeing your sweet mother in law.

Judy

16 blessings'mom said...

Anne, "melancholy" is my favorite word. I love the wind too, yesterday I actually stood in the driveway under the maple trees and recorded the wind blowing and rustling the leaves...it's hauntingly beautiful, which is one my favorite descriptions. :).
Judy, thank you for this. It's true, it's encouraging, and it's helpful. Thank you.