summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

the winter's menu:

 ...venison.  He got a deer!  I am excited for him, but shh, not for me.  I don't much like the gamey taste of venison, but with meat prices, and since we now HAVE this meat, well, we will see.  It's hanging in the tree in the yard, that's what you do, apparently.  He's going to process it himself, but not on the kitchen table this time.  He's going to set up a place in the utility room.   

I think the whole thing is rather gruesome, but this picture is okay:

Sunny is VERY interested.   And Paul is very happy.   

Yesterday, I went out and about with Kathryn.  Target was having a sale, buy one get one half off toy sale, plus there was a $5 off coupon.  So I found a nice tow for Rhys for Christmas, a sink that takes batteries and really runs water.  We had one here for a while, and it's a fun toy.  Then I had to find another toy to get the 50% off...so I chose the toy Target cash register.  Shh, it's regular price is $29.99.  Anyway.  Achilles wanted to play with it in the cart.  He really really liked it.  He played with it in his car seat on the way home.  When we got here, he was holding tight.  I told Kathryn It's fine.  Just let him have it.  His birthday is coming up in December anyway.  They have been playing and playing with it at home.  

Here's the thing though:  when I went through the register, I told the cashier the toys were on sale, and the details, she said it would come off with my card...then she proceeded to tap some buttons on the screen, and I had no glasses on.  I didn't look at my receipt until we had the three little ones buckled in, and all the stuff put away.  Long story short, she had taken the five dollars off each toy, then half off each toy.  I reasoned that I was not going back in, because why get her in trouble?  And, I didn't feel like it.  And, how many times have I NOT gone back when it was a mistake where I was overcharged?  plenty.  I am too lazy to haggle for a buck here and there.

Anyway.  It was fun.  

In random order, here's Ophelia and baby Denzel
Sunny playing with the wind-up chick
Rhys admiring Minnie Mouse
Camille and Charlotte on a hike this past weekend
Woutar (Jon's friend from the Netherlands), and Jonathan, holding baby Blythe.
Ruth!
Wulf, Grant, Achilles, Darius holding Jamison, Samuel
Tenny in the best toy ever.
Grandpa with Ruth and Rhys, two year old cousins
The moon....
Sunny chasing the laser pointer on the deck

I have to leave in a little while to pick up Miss Charlotte Claire from school, she has a dr.'s appointment today.  Then we're (Sonja, Char, Cam, me)  heading up to Oswego to hand out candy and watch little babies so their big siblings can go trick or treating.  

Ah well...there's too much going on to blog right now.  I had some quiet moments this morning, but chose to vacuum and clean and do some laundry.  So bye for now, have a nice spooky Halloween night!


4 comments:

Mari said...

I feel your pain! Bob goes hunting and I always tell him - you don't have to get one for me! I'm glad he has fun, but not a venison fan.
Now those cute grands of yours - I'm a fan of them!

Terri D said...

Cardboard boxes are still the best!! So cute! You always find the best bargains and buys!! I wish I liked shopping more. Amazon is my go-to. I probably need to get off my backside and actually walk through a few stores!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, ha, glad I'm not the only one.
Terri, you probably save yourself a ton of money in not finding those bargains ha. :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

You do find good deals, but you are out and about. I’m not a big shopper anymore……..I’m trying to get rid of stuff!! I didn’t really buy anything on my trip to Arizona. Linda had to buy another bag to get all her stuff home!! She LOVED Target!!

I’m not a huge fan of wild meat either. My late husband and his brother used to go over to some farmhouse in Saskatchewan and hunt geese 😬😬 Revolting 🤢 It was the guys getting together that was the fun I think. My nephews sometimes went too and other guys. A guys get together I guess. They gave the geese to the lady who owned the farm after my sister in law and I refused to cook them 🤢She and her friends and families loved them. 😬

The grands are just so adorable. Funny how they just love boxes!

Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦