summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 20, 2023

I'm leaving autumn to visit summer...

 

The lantern...one of my favorite things, it's a wax warmer, so cozy.  (under twenty bucks at Walmart, at least when I got it a few years ago...there's a pumpkin spice melt in there now, mmm)...and a lazy doggy.
Turkeys in the back yard..
A playground yesterday with Achilles and Rhys and Kathryn (and baby Jamison, he was in the stroller)
Love the shoes?  Shh, I got them at the thrift store, Gymboree, brand new:  $2.24.  

In twenty minutes, I'll scoop up my backpack

(what?!  You don't pop popcorn before a trip to eat on the plane?!  There's also beef jerky, dark chocolate covered aรงaรญ, chili lime cashews, smokehouse almonds, and a few Keto caramel bars.  Oh, and some almost Keto pumpkin spice muffins...I made them last night, almond flour and coconut flour, but instead of the half cup of fake sugar (Swerve, ect.), I used 1/4 cup of honey.  I haven't heard good things about artificial sweeteners, and don't really like them either, even monk fruit.  It tastes ewww.  I don't love the almond flour constancy, am thinking to put it in the food processor next time to smooth it out.)

(We're flying Breeze Airlines...we flew it once before...it's a budget airline but with newer planes, nice comfy seats, but no frills...no snacks...and Mariel worked all day, so I told her I'd bring some dinner...sort of dinner...we're flying out of a small airport, no good choices there to buy after security)

anyways, I interrupted myself.  I will scoop up my backpack, and head out the door.  Before that happens, I have to change out of my comfy sweatpants and my spiffy new Walmart shirt I bought yesterday for $8, I really like it.  I will put on my Traveling Dress.  I am a creature of habit, and I like traveling in a big comfy dress with pockets.   I will wear my Birkenstocks, because even here in autumn in New York, I am still wearing them...they'll be fine in Florida.


I also baked cookies for Grandma, they just cooled off enough to bag them up and put a small container of them in the suitcase.  I feel like I didn't pack well, I just did threw some things in the bag, and I'm going to get there and wonder what I was thinking...but we're only going to Florida, there's a Walmart there if I need anything, right?

Ah well, I've used up every single minute...Sonja woke up, so kindly, to bring us to the airport...Paul is going to, so one of them can drive Mariel's car home, she is heading there from work...she's very tired because she worked last night...she said I don't make the rules of tiredness...she only slept a few hours...night shifts are challenging, I guess.  

Off I go....see you in Florida!!!


4 comments:

Cindy said...

Love all those snacks!! :) Have a wonderful time!

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy, thank you! :)

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Have a great time you two!! My daughter worked last night too. She will be glad to get to Phoenix and relax. Me too! Grandma will love your home made cookies I bet…….yum, yum.

Maybe I’ll send you some pictures on your email so check every now and then ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy holidays! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Marilyn from Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, I would love some pictures! :). We just got to our hotel, it's about an hour's drive from Tampa...it took over an hour just to land, pick up our suitcase, then get the rental car...I was the navigator, and we made it here, Friday night traffic and all! phew. Traveling is fun, but tiring!