summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 9, 2023

New York...

 ...but not so fast.  We took a trip to Sedona...we wanted to see the only McDonalds without the yellow arches, the one in Sedona has turquoise arches!  But, there was a traffic back-up with the gps showing it would take 30 minutes to go five miles.  It's probably a good thing, because there is a place nearby called "Sedonuts", which sounds danger danger.  We had to charge the car (Tesla), conveniently in a plaza that had a little homemade ice cream shop...we took no pictures, but the waffle cones were fresh made and warm, and the ice cream was delightful.  This picture here is the butter cake with Tillamook vanilla, our last evening in Arizona dessert, made by Riley.


The famous church in the rock...
Paul and Camille checking out the prickly cactus flowers...
Cam and dad
Paul and I
Such loveliness...

Saturday morning, I made sure to have one last swim in the beautiful pool.  It didn't grow old...the warmth, sunshine, and swimming.  We said goodbye to the boys and the pups, and off to the airport we went.  They ordered us coffees to pick up from Starbucks right next to our gate, and made it just in time.  (Someone had mistakenly/on purpose take Camille's drink, mine was sitting there waiting, along with her slice of lemon loaf...we waited for another drink, and got on that plane just in time.). Paul had an upgrade and his seat was roomier and up near the front, so Camille and I roughed it over the wing.  

Anyway....home...I just got home from the pool to find this:

The brand new vacuum cleaner I ordered yesterday, here already!  I have hemmed and hawed and hawed and hemmed, before finally pressing the order button.   I told Paul a few times we NEED a new vacuum cleaner, but he was still surprised to see me trying this out today.  I said not to worry, it has no bells and no whistles.  Walmart had them for $97 for quite a while, but while I did my hemming and hawing, the price went up quite a bit.  I looked at Costco and BJ's and Target sales...I didn't want to spend upwards of three hundred dollars on a vacuum cleaner.  I looked on Marketplace, and almost bought a used Dyson...the small Dyson canister I have was from Marketplace from four or five years ago, only sixty bucks.  It still works, but isn't great on a whole carpeted room, and some of the bedrooms are still carpeted.  

Anyway.  Camille loves it, Char too.  They're gone to pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, and dinner at their friend's place.  Last evening, they went to play Clue...
Cam, Char...then Sonja in the white dress
C


Too much fun.  Sonja is heading to work, and Jonathan and Walter are going to a cookout.  Paul is out hunting.  So that leaves me and the pups.  I don't mind.  I have cleaning and sorting to do, I never get bored.  

I went to Aldi today, all by myself.  I spent almost $200.  Everything has gone up...for example the bag of M&M's is now $4.74.  Creeping creeping creeping up, and no, I didn't buy them.  Aldi is the cheapest place around, but all the increases really add up.  The coffee beans I always buy, $6.09 now.  I bought one package of chicken, one package of bacon, one dozen of eggs...the beef is way too expensive there.  ugh.  I am NOT complaining though.  I'm simply pointing it out.  It honestly breaks my heart that life is so hard for people right now.  Rents, taxes, insurance, everything is so expensive.  

I haven't mentioned anything about the war in Israel...don't even get me started on our own president giving all that money to Iran...or even about the whole Afghanistan withdrawal fiasco.  It doesn't help to get upset about it.  It's written about the end times, and that when we hear of these things we need to lift our vision.  I don't understand it all, and it tends to put my soul in turmoil, but God knows the beginning and the end, and my trust is in Him.  

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The end of times... almost every day I'm humbly, respectfully asking the Lord, "What are you doing Lord? Where are we in the timeline of life here on earth?" I can only imagine what it must be like to live through this without Him. He is our peace!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you had a wonderful time in Arizona but home is so sweet. The kids seem to be having lots of fun. I love having my girls still gone and get a kick out of their comings and going’s.

Prices are certainly climbing. We got a puppy in March and her food is ordered from Amazon. It has gone up $14 in that time. Its hard to take care of a household these days, but thankful we are able to.

Don’t get me started on our administrative. Makes me crazy… my heart breaks for all those attacked. I can’t imagine.

Have a good day! Ignore gorgeous here on Long Island.

Judy