summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 6, 2023

water in the desert...

 ...a dry river bed, as you go over the bridge into the shopping district...the gps shows blue, but there is no blue.  It's the desert, and it's dry.  My bathing suit dries immediately, when you get out of the pool you barely need a towel, except when the cold breeze comes along.  It's not REALLY cold, but when the humidity is so low, it feels cold.  

But I'm not complaining.  Sunny weather, day after day, today's 102 with a nice breeze.  We aren't going to the Grand Canyon, it's 3 and a half hours away, and Aaron has commitments,  so Riley is bringing us to Sedona today.  It's a beautiful place, I've heard, so I'm excited about it.  

We went to Trader Joe's yesterday, and the dogs knew when we were unloading the bags that this was for them, pumpkin spice dog treats.
Banjo took hers to the couch, Pretzel and Lily sat nicely.
Miss Camille...it's been so nice spending time with her!
Mixed berry margarita with a pomegranate foam?  I only drank half of it, took a lot of restraint, it was SO good, but alcohol doesn't sit well with me...but this drink went well with our chili verde....this was amazing.  
I had mine plain, without the sour cream and cheese.  The sauce was a blend of roasted tomatillos, roasted garlic, jalapeño peppers...in the crockpot all day with the pork...oh dear.  Savory and yummy and spicy...

I am thinking to get in a morning swim before we leave...I've become addicted to moving in the water, I've  felt so good and mostly slept very well.  I think it's the daily swimming.  

Ah well.  One more night here then home tomorrow....we get in around midnight.  I love/hate traveling...but I love going home.  Hate saying goodbye, hate the airport, security, boarding the plane...the almost five hour flight, ugh.  But home....ahh, home.  



2 comments:

Jan said...

Glad you have had this enjoyable break. Prayers for safe travels home!

Terri D said...

You have had such a lovely time but home always feels best!! Safe travels!!