summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 22, 2023

sweet sweet summertime...

 

Vanilla custard from Culver's...but hey, I was supposed to have one when I was here in August and never got to it.  :)
Oh yes, my happy place, in the sun.  I had to whole pool to myself for a little while.  It was coldish, but the sun and 85 degree weather made it excellently pleasant.  I got in and moved and swam and it was amazing.  

(Yeah, we went to the dreaded Z-Hills Wallyworld.  It's overstimulating, people walk the wrong way, and there are a lot of rascals (the riding wheelchairs).  But, we wanted some Greek yogurts, and bananas.  Shh, we may have gotten a bag of peanut butter cups.)
Walmart is that-a-way.  Right across the parking lot.  (A few people joined me out there)
That's Lowe's back there.
The pool...in Lowe's parking lot.  Truly and seriously.  But the trees planted around it do help fool one into thinking it's just a tropical paradise.

We have been Accidental Slobs.  One of us took a shower without tucking in the shower curtain and flooded the bathroom.  One of us spilled a Diet Coke because of a computer cord entanglement.  The ice bucket leaked and water dripped off the counter all over.  One of us spilled Chik-Fil-A sauce all over the bed.   The toilet hasn't been flushing well, but the desk lady said it's been an ongoing issue.   

This fine morning, we visited Grandma early.  She isn't doing the greatest.  She's tired.  She doesn't want to eat much, and isn't interested in much.  It's rather sad, it's more than that, it's profoundly sad.  We went over to see her again in the afternoon and went to the dining room for dinner with her.  She ate a few fries, and that's it.  We brought her a chocolate milk shake from Culver's but she didn't want it.  :(

Mariel and I stopped at Five Guys and got burgers with no buns, and cajun fries.  Now we're settled into our nice comfy hotel room again, ahh.  Tomorrow it's time to pack up the suitcase, head toward the airport, return the spiffy rental car, and wait in the line for security.   

We're going back to autumn, and it's okay.  I hate saying goodbye to grandma though...


3 comments:

Joybells said...

Oh, Grandma. I'm so sorry. At least she knows that she is loved and cared for. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

My mom is in a memory care facility, and at first I worried about her being lonely and not knowing why, you know? My dad and I visit pretty regularly, and I always say We'll be back soon, because I don't want her to be sad. I hope her 'roomies' are familiar enough now that she can at least grasp she isn't alone...So hard.
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Joy, thank you. And she is loved. I really wish she wasn't so far away.
Valerie, hugs. It's hard to leave them there.