summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 21, 2023

here we are, back in summertime...

 Walking out of the airport in Florida is always a delight.  There's a tropical scent.  Warmth.  It's not like we're deep into winter in New York yet, in fact it's been delightful fall weather.  But Florida, I love the visits.  

We landed in Tampa at 8:30, and by 11:30, we were showered and in our comfy beds.  We had our dinner on the plane:  some popcorn, pumpkin muffins, and some nuts.  We considered stopping for something else to eat on the way to the hotel, but ugh, who wants to eat late at night then sleep?  Well, me, duh.  But we didn't.  

The airport experience was frustrating.  We had to go all the way down to baggage claim, then back up to the car rentals, on a second tram, it took a while.  It's always fun to get into a different car, but Mariel did fine.  I was the navigator, and we got here with no issues.  

This morning, I woke up at 6 ish with the usual contemplation:  should I ignore that I have to pee, or just get up and go?  Getting up means being wide awake, but ignoring is no fun...I got up.  But what do you know, I actually fell back to sleep!  It was wonderful!  

The top of the clouds.  A woman in my water aerobics class has never been on a plane.  I was astounded.  This is the fifth flight I've taken just this year!  But I realized how absolutely awesome it is that we can see what the top sides of the clouds look like...and to get to Florida in less than three hours, wowza.

Well, I'm thinking about coffee, and about getting out of this bed and starting my day, and about why don't I have four big fluffy pillows on my bed at home...have a really good day!


6 comments:

Mari said...

Your cloud pic is so pretty!
I totally know about the contemplation of getting up to go or trying to keep sleeping... :)
Have fun!

Terri D said...

I've been in FL for 34 years but I still have that thrill when I've been away and see the Welcome to Florida signs (I rarely fly). What is it about hotel beds that always feel so dreamy? Have a good time and safe travels home!

Linda said...

Safe travels my friend and hey, it's supposed to be near 90 today. grin

Marilyn said...

HiDella!

I’m glad you arrived safe and sound. Supper sounds like my kind of travel supper 😉 How is Grandma doing? I hope she’s well.

Here I am in Arizona having just the best time. Linda even came from Australia as a surprise!! Oh Della I cried when I saw her! So lovely to see her. She and my girls have been planning this since April and somehow kept it a secret 🤐 Today we ate chips and dip for lunch…….we had a pool day……..then about an hour later had a cupcake and a latte!! We went to a lovely Mexican restaurant for supper. Sooooooo delicious……..

I hope you are enjoying Florida and manage to get a little sun on your skin. It sure is beautiful…………tomorrow they are predicting some snow at home and -2C 🥶🥶🥶🥶 How vile……..

Have a great day tomorrow…….it’s Sunday night here.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, I know! I hate to waste the time if I'm not going to actually fall back to sleep, and even when I do, I often wish I had just gotten up because I feel blah...no wins, ha.
Terri, I do love visiting Florida. I was there four times last year!
Linda, shh. I do love some hot sun and a pool, but for everyday things you have to be fully dressed for, I melt. Today, here in New York, 68 and sunny, tomorrow 76. Perfect for fall, but not for swimming...except for at the Rec center, inside.
Marilyn, I am SO happy for you that Linda came! Those girls keeping a secret like that, wow!!! They are GOOD! So, chips and dip for lunch, then a cupcake and a latte? You know how to vacation. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Oh my it's cold back home, not here, it's lovely. But not for swimming...anyway, have a really nice time with all of your girls!

Anonymous said...

The highlight of my summer was meeting with you in Florida! I’m so glad you get to go there… so beautiful!

Anne H