summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 1, 2023

sun, sun, sun...

 


We wanted to see more of the area yesterday, so we went on a scenic drive.  I know we could hike some trails, but blah, it's pretty hot out there.  

The best part so far is right in the back yard.  The pool, ahh.   I've been doing my water aerobics movements, and have felt so good.  I need a year round pool, for every day use.  need.  ha.  

We went to the Safeway yesterday after our drive, to get something to go with the chicken I had marinating.  We decided on fresh broccoli and some garlic bread (Cam's choice).  The Safeway has a very dangerous bakery aisle, but not as bad as Fry's:  on Friday, they had donuts, fresh assorted beautiful donuts, for FIVE DOLLARS A DOZEN.  For that price, I told Camille, we could buy a dozen and take one bite out of each, and throw them away.  But because we don't like to waste things, and shh, perhaps we wouldn't be able to only take one bite, we didn't get them.  

Anyway, I grilled that chicken that had been soaking in lemon juice, and lemon rosemary salt.  It was extremely good, very tasty.  We steamed the broccoli with some Brussel sprouts, then browned them up a little in olive oil, what a nice dinner.  

Today we might go to a World War II museum:  I told Paul he could choose a place to go...:)

4 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like so much fun! My hubby would be all about the WWII museum.

Marilyn said...

Good morning🌞

I know people go hiking in the desert, but I would be scared of the creepy crawlies 😬 I must say that cake looks really yummy!

Enjoy your last week in the heat……..once winter sets in at home you can dream about it. We used to love getting away in the winter for a few months. We would drive down with our dogs on the back seat and the back of my SUV loaded down. We would get warmer ever day after we left Utah. Quite a trip.

Have a lovely day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, we didn't end up going to the museum. It was just gorgeous outside, a little breezy and under a hundred degrees, sunny...we spent quite a bit of time outside. For me, it's still too hot to be out in the sun with regular clothes on, ha, but dipping in and out of the pool, okay. :). Marilyn, creepy crawlies, and the relentless sun, plus I only brought Birkenstocks. Can you imagine me navigating a loose gravel trail in those? Oh the memories you must have from your travels down here! I know, when winter sets in, in New York, we'll be longing for these days.

Marilyn said...

We used to go to Lake Havasu on the Californian border. California was on the other side of the lake. The lake was formed from the Colorado River. It’s beautiful there as you have the desert and the lake. I’ll send you some pictures on your email. We would go to Scottsdale sometimes too, but just for 2-3 weeks and we’d fly. Usually in October or November.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦