summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 13, 2008

afternoon with lots of kids

Babies are so much fun....here is Camille crawling on the couch.... she spotted my computer.....lunge!

taking a bath....

Captain Underpants! It goes without saying that I did not put these underwear on this child.




Here is the famous chocolate cake with peanutbutter frosting, and the yummiest chocolate frosting ever....Cheryl, if your cake tasted a little funny, M. forgot to put sugar in the cake itself, then stirred some into the batter after, just a little...I thought it was good that way, not too sweet, sort of counteracted the rich icing....and the texture was just right.....well, I am not hard to please. The kids say that I say that every cookie I eat is the best cookie I ever had....



Well, today is the hulabaloo. the kids voted unanamously for going to McDonalds Playplace....hands down....and since I didn't vote yet, and I have full veto power....we are going to McDonalds....because, what it comes down to, is that they win...anything else fun I could do with them today would be overshadowed by the fact that they want to go to Mcdonalds....so, off we go......Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, baby Camille, myself, and their friend Carmen......I usually just get them a couple items off the dollar menu, but that may be tricky today, as Carmen came with $$ in her pocket, and I think she is used to getting what she wants at McD........so if she gets a McRipOff Meal, my kids are going to want one too....I mean, it has a valuble toy! Hmmm, save money, and be mean, or just be nice, and spoil them, and avoid confrontations......wow, what a life....McDonalds as a DESTINATION, versus just a place to grab something to eat.....
My plan was to stall, and have a late dinner, so they could get ready for bed when we get home....but I can't drive into town without going to at least the Dollar Tree, so I better get moving.......and I'll let you know how we fare there, how much cheap junk they can't live without I get talked into buying....sparkly,breaky, attractive junk......
I feel sorry for myself. My oldest child today is 10 years old. I feel lonely, surrounded by kids. My sister-in-law cannot come with me on my wonderful trip because she is sick. My sister cannot come with me on my wonderful trip because she does not want to, and she doesn't have any little kids anymore. I need a grown-up to sit and talk to while they play. Someone who doesn't say they are dieting when I suggest a sundae.....someone who doesn't consider it a waste of time to spend 2 hours at the Playplace....oh, poor me......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SO would go with you, and stay 3 hours if you wanted to. When I'm having a rough day with the kids, whether it their fault or mine, I know I can go spend a few dollars, and sit and let them run run run, even if its raining or storming outside. My mother in law spent 4 hours at mcdonalds one time with catherine.

Man if we only lived in the same state! (we would be dangerous together...yard sales, thrift stores, dollar tree, grocery shopping)

cheryl said...

I SHOULD have gone to McDonald's with you, and taken Grace.. all I really did was polish the knobs on my hutch. Why does that sound weird?? Well, I'm sure you had fun, and hopefully the dollar store has some good stuff (junk) left..

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh Heather, I agree, we would be dangerous together..but we would have some wicked good fun. And more than likely we would go more than broke saving money....and Cheryl, you should've gone....

junglemama said...

Love the picture of the underpants! TOo cute.