summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 1, 2008

labor day, aptly named

Yaay, says Camille. A tv box to play in....




Evelyn just had to have this nice stuffed dog....




Charlotte Claire has a new bathing suit!




Most people probably had a nice picnic today....but not us. The older kids were pretty tired from their weekend away, with the late nights and early mornings. It was brilliantly sunny, not humid, but warm and breezy. Just gorgeous. So after I did some work and laundry, I went outside with the kids. We took a dip in the hot tub, then sat in the sun, talked to some of the older ones....then after lunch, I took a trip to Walmart and bought a new tv. We have been without one all summer, which has been fine, except missing the Olympics. We have borrowed Ben or Joe's tv to watch movies occasionally (we don't have cable, they don't have antennas, they use the tvs for video games)....so, with school starting, and Jon wanting to watch Bob The Builder and Sesame Street sometimes, I decided we could get one. So we got a smallish flatscreen tv, and got rid of our old cabinet, which was cheap to begin with, and was looking pretty shabby. We have the new tv set up on the coffee table until we can get something else. I can imagine it will be a while....

Well, Camille has a terrible diaper, so bye for now....








Dinner tonight: Excellent!!!! I bought a few roasts, just bottom round roasts, for $1.99 a pound the other day. And I cut them into steaks, and marinaded them in Teriyaki for a few hours. Emily made some ratatoullie (spelling?), and we had corn on the cob....it was soo good. And everyone was here except Benjamin. Actually, he was here, but not feeling too well.....Em had the day off. So it was really nice, to have so many here for dinner.....and nowhere to rush off to after dinner. Then, while we were eating, my mother and father in-law came over. She made homemade sauce with zuchini, some pasta, and a chocolate coconut bundt cake with vanilla icing....which didn't last very long (the cake, that is)....they stayed a little bit to visit. Grampa is funny, he doesn't even know which kid is who. Gramma does, though.










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know which of the younger kids is which, but as for the older kids i would fail that test lol. I can tell you all their names but have trouble putting them with which face.

How are you? Our labor day was filled with cleaning and decluttering :)

Cassandra said...

Congrats on the new TV Della, sometimes i wish ours would die lol
thats so funny that grandpa doesnt know which is which my grandma (kids great grandparents) is the one who gets confused, and we only have 6 LOL, grandpa is good though ;-)
Take Care
Cassandra xx

debi9kids said...

Sounds like us! We had no tv all summer long either. I was sad we missed the olympics, but other than that, I missed nothing. But, with the election coming up, I just wanted to be informed, so the tv is back. LOL

Glad you had a lovely dinner surrounds by the whole family.

Renata said...

Don't kids just love playing in boxes! - mine will play all day with one!

cheryl said...

I still have a large box sitting in my dining room in which the adorable doll's pram was shipped.. my girls keep asking what I'm going to do with it..(the box AND the pram!!) Does Camille want it? (the Box) If not, I'll offer it to Grace tomorrow..
PS.. My husband's parents are coming to visit this weekend, so can I borrow a couple of kids? (to clean.. hahahaha)