summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Today is rainy....

Yesterday was a beautiful day.....Charlotte Claire likes going outside in the sunshine... Emily is taking 3 classes, as well as working full time as a nurse. So it's special when she can be home for a little while....she played with sidewalk chalk with these guys before she had to go to class....
This guy is the spectacular General Thunder. He is the biggest sweetie...he will purr and snuggle. Don't let his rugged looks fool you.....


And here is the second sweetest, Mr. Jonathan, with the purple bike....



Well, maybe Camille is the sweetest....




Now this child LOOKS sweet.....actually, she is pretty nice. But oh, she has a temper....Charlotte Claire....







Guess what: my baby is sick. She took this evening nap last night, from 7pm to 9:30....and then she started crying (I was going to try to leave her in bed for the night)....and I fed her a yogurt, changed her, nursed her, and put her back to bed....and Molly started saying that she thought Camille had a fever, and she was going to be up all night.....I ignored her.....but how did she know? I lost track of how many times I was up with that baby last night....at least six, nursed her everytime....she was very warm.....so I know sort of how today will probably go....and I am so tired, I don't really care....
Yea, it is a rainy day....and I hope it lasts a while. I like being hunkered down inside on a chilly rainy day. No pressure to get outside, no brilliant sunshine shining on my dust. Last night, Jon said he saw a lightening bomb, whatever that is, and he heard thunder....so he woke up the girls, and Evelyn gave him her booklight....he said he stayed under the covers with the light on and his hands over his ears.....the light was still on when I got the girls up for school this morning....I guess I should give Evelyn some new batteries.....what a nice sister.
Well, Camille is awake, and Jon and Charlotte Claire have gone in to say good morning, I better go before they decide to get in bed with her and smush her....

3 comments:

Insane Mama said...

16 kids! I think that is awesome, I would have more if I could afford it.

Becky said...

I Love the rainy weather too! It keeps all the kids inside and is cozy. After a long hot summer, I really enjoyed the cool rain we got the other day....felt like fall!

Renata said...

oh I hope she feels better - it's awful when your baby is sick. I like the pictures - is your cat really called general thunder? - name sounds like ours - sunday icecream!!