summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

first day of school

Well, the day we've all been dreading has arrived....... No, they weren't too thrilled to have me out there taking pictures, but I threatened if they didn't just co-operate, I would stay out there waving until the bus pulled up...these are this year's 6 first - trip kids. Aaron, Joe, Margaret, Kathryn, Sam, and Molly....
And on second trip, Evelyn, Suzanne, and Sonja, who didn't mind pictures at all.

They seem pretty happy about the whole thing.



This was yesterday, still summer vacation. Jon can ride a bike. He doesn't care that it's purple and sparkly.





Sonja has a scooter.




Charlotte Claire likes it when Kathryn rides her on her bike. Do you like the nice outfit Miss Charlotte Claire has picked out for herself? Her drawers have become like the all-you-can-wear buffet lately.


Yes, they all got on the bus nicely. And did I cry? Actually, not yet. I feel ripped-off, though. Charlotte Claire is up with me, and I have heard some stirrings from Camille.....so it's not exactly quiet. When Mr. Jonathan has to go to kindergarten next year, then I'm gonna cry. He is still sleeping, so I will have to really praise those 3 little girls for sneaking out of their room so quietly this morning. Not bad for how excited they were.....
I know I have a busy day ahead of me....Aaron seems to have an infection at the incision site on one side, where the metal bar was insterted....the other side looks fine by contrast. I have to make some phone calls to see where to take him. He went to school with restrictions to leave class early, so as to not be jostled in the hall. And obviously no gym class. He would like me to make an appointment for early, so he can skip the bus ride home. I hope those kids on the bus don't elbow him.....





3 comments:

Cassandra said...

aww, i hope they all had a great day, and i hope Aarons infection clears up no problems and doesnt cause him too much extra pain ;-)

Did you feel lonely with them all gone?

Cassandra

16 blessings'mom said...

I didn't have time to feel too lonely today, I picked Aaron up early from school and took him to the dr. The dr. thinks the infection is only topical, which is good, and gave him some stuff to put on it...then of course we went to a few stores, since we were out...so, a busy day.

Renata said...

It's funny how teenagers are with pictures (I'm not looking forward to that phase!)