summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

fresh new morning, again

Well either I am just getting a mild cold, or I am fighting it off, I don't feel so bad....maybe because the sun is shining and the kids have half day of school today, and I got them all out the door (that's deserving of thunderous applause, just getting them out the door, neat and clean and happy).....I always say, if I am going to be sick, I'd like some cold rainy weather to along with it, please...

Okay, does anyone else ever tell their kids to knock it off or they'll call the cops?

Or, when the baby wakes up in the night, silently beg and plead with baby to find thumb, go back to sleep? (Camille copies, and when I get her out of her little pink bed in the night, I tell her shhh-shhh, and she does it back, it is so cute)


Pick up their coffee cup like 10 times for that yummy last drink, only to re-discover that it's empty?

Here's the grossest thing I have ever done: (Cassandra, don't read this) The other night, Paul gave Camille this huge fork-full (is that a word?) of pie, and she immediately spit it back out, into my hand. And I ate it. Didn't even think about it....until I thought about it, and I had already eaten it....yuck!!!

Camille is pretty much a mooch. The big kids are always sharing stuff with her. I don't know how many times I have said, "She doesn't have any teeth! She cannot have that!"

Why is it that I work all day, go to bed exhausted, get up in the morning and see that the same things I did yesterday have to be done again?

Yesterday I did a fun thing. I like toys. So I sat on the floor in the corner of the living room, and sorted out all the toys that got mixed in with the dollhouse stuff....I had piles of play dishes, duplos, waffle-town, Jon's cars, Barbie stuff, hairponies and barettes, and baby toys.....all because when the average kid helps pick up the living room, they throw it all into the dollhouse bins.....the result was nice, less stuff, neater....and I just plain like toys, so it was sort of like playing. I swear when I see those little dollhouse people, and the cute little accessories, I feel like setting up a house.

Suzanne is bound and determined to not have any sneakers for gym. I have bought her two pair this year. The first pair was too tight. The second pair, $11 at Walmart, I told her not to take the tags off unless they fit perfect. Oh, yes, they fit perfect. So today, I ask her where her new sneakers are. Oh mom, they don't FIT with socks on! So, Sonja has yet another pair of sneakers.....

My kids went out the door for sschool 20 minutes ago and no one else is up yet, wait, spoke too soon, Charlotte Claire is coming out....the fun begins!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Too funny! Yes yes yes about the coffee! Too gross about the pie! Glad you are feeling better today.

Peta said...

I think every parent (if there being honest) can say they have eaten something like that. I hate when you go to finish your morning coffee (having left it on the kitchen bench) only to find one of your little charmers has emptied his cereal bowl into it, ugh. I dont have problems with sneakers I have problems with sport shirts.(kids wear uniforms in Australia). My 10yr old son keeps pinching his 6yr old sisters sports top. He says it's because hers is new and his isn't. Maybe I should get him a new one so he will let his sister wear hers?

Martha said...

"Why is it that I work all day, go to bed exhausted, get up in the morning and see that the same things I did yesterday have to be done again?"

Oh, how I struggle with this one!

Cassandra said...

Your right i shouldnt have read it ! lol ;-)

i had to laugh about the shoes, she sounds just like Zac, he is hopeless with shoes... lucky there is always someone to pass them down to though :-)

I hope your cold turns into nothing too
Cassandra xx

mommeeof10 said...

I'm only obsessive about toys. How hard is it to put all the duplos, waffle blocks, etc in their own bin with the other toys like them? The kids throw everything together until the container is full, the start another container. It's really hard to play with Mr Potato head, when you can only find 2 bodies, a few mismatches arms and a nose.

We own at least 8 of them, including Darth tater, the easter set from costco last year and Sheriff spud. There should be more pieces somewhere. Maybe in the attic, as daddy was tired of the toy explosion a few weeks ago and had the big kids take most of the toy bins to the attic.