summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 14, 2008

hot and humid here in the northeast

really hot, and really humid.....and I don't care for it. I went to church today, then came home with all the kids, had some lunch, then went out to the hot tub, since the pool is not working....someone had turned the tub up to 102! Luckily the water level was on the low side, so I put the hose in there, and turned the temperature down...it didn't take long to get it down to 97.....the kids love splashing around in there...I need to get some pictures, but I don't love the thought of bringing my camera out there with the splashers.....



It was refreshing, but not so relaxing....it was too hot for Charlotte Claire to nap today....we tried, but she didn't stay in her crib for very long.....so she was a grump....she was in the hot tub, hogging the hose, spraying Jon, then she grabbed him and started hitting him....I stopped her, but then she started hitting me, and trying to pull my hair.....and I just let her....no, not really. Anyway, I came out of the hot tub, got all dressed again, and started to cook dinner, hotter and more agitated than I was before.....and I started to complain....then I thought better of it....and I have been thinking, and here was the answer: I remember a poem that goes something like this- Happiness is like a butterfly, if you chase it , it will elude you.......and for some reason, this poem came into my mind like this: Wanting some time to yourself is like a butterfly, if you chase it, it will elude you......and I realized a glaring truth: I need to give it up. I need to stop "lusting" for, longing for, time for myself. There is a bible verse, I need to look it up, goes something like this: "What is the source of wars and fighting among yourselves, isn't it that you want and cannot have...."

No comments: