summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

we went to open house...

She is just plain sweet, Miss Charlotte Claire.... Here is the Inglesina Zippy basinette, goes on the new Zippy stroller, which I haven't photographed yet.....I don't really need it, but you never know....and I have daughters, and nieces....

The thing is, I tried it on the Magnum chassis, and it snapped right on! I hope I get a chance to use it someday....it is nice and cushy...



So, open house was kind of nice. Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and Paul and I went. So, Jon was our only boy for the evening. We went to Sonja's class first, first grade. We had to pick the picture that she drew that was supposed to be her. We both picked right on the first try: the only coloring job with a girl with orange hair and green eyes....she was thrilled that we got it right.






Then on to Suzanne's second grade class. This teacher has had several of our kids now....and she has 16 kids in her class. She said she realized recently that that was how many we have at the dinner table....






Then to Evelyn's 3rd grade class....her teacher is not much older than Emily the nurse. My grammer isn't perfect but I was a bit surprised that said, " The sign up sheets is over there..."
Who would want to go on a Chinese spaceship? I mean after the infant formula thing.....
My Abigail is in her 4th year, an accounting major. She has her first job interview tomorrow. Have you ever seen one of those movies where the main character borrows clothes for the interview? That's Abigail....she just got the call for the interview the other day, and hadn't had the chance to go clothes shopping....and all the stuff she owns is too casual...so she borrowed a few things from a friend, and she looked very nice and neat when she modeled it for us. And I looked in the news and a nearby city is looking for new recuits for their police department, especially women and minorities. They like the police force to reflect the city population. I am trying to talk Mariel into at least taking the test......
The years fly so fast, and these little kids of mine are turning into adults...I must be in denial about aging, buying prams and hoping for babies...hmm....
We had cereal for dinner tonight. It was too rushed to give them dinner before open house, especially because they had plenty for after school snack....and the older kids, 13 years and older, were at the youth meeting. So, we had cereal. And a few of them had nachos with cheese, too......and Jon got 2 cookies to dip in his cereal....what fun. And Evelyn spilled two different bowls of cereal in the same place in a matter of minutes.....what fun.
Well, I am tired....is that a recurring theme?






4 comments:

Cassandra said...

oh, i like that pram too, and hey you can live in denial if you want ;-)
You should check out www.emmaljunga.com it is the coolest website, but then again if you are trying to cut back on prams maybe you shouldnt check it out lol...
I had to laugh at the cereal for dinner, you do that too:-)

Cassandra xx

cheryl said...

Hey, that bassinette looks absolutely "!!!" on that chassis.. How does it look on the Zippy? Does it go on it? I want one..

Renata said...

The pram looks great!
I'm not surprised you're tired - your life is BUSY!
Open house sounds great. Although that teachers grammer sounds questionable - makes you wonder!
Hope you can get some rest!

FLmom7 said...

Nice looking pram! You are very busy so no wonder you're tired...I'm always tired too and I'm only expecting #7...my family is so tiny next to yours;-) Cereal for dinner is good when you're busy, nothing wrong with that. My kids actually prefer it...if it were up to them they'd probably live on that and mac n cheese!