summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

my reason for blogging

I started this blog for some reason, but I can't remember now.....but I'm pretty sure I didn't do it to just chronicle the days, all the boring events, the daily drudge....I feel like I have fallen into a repetitive ditch.....



When I started writing, I found I benefitted from it greatly, like therapy. Sort of like when you talk about your problems, you can see more clearly how petty they are.....then something happened that I didn't expect. Some people started reading what I wrote, and left comments, and I started reading other blogs, and I made new friends!

I now occasionally find it challenging to write freely and for lack of a better word, thoughtlessly....I don't want to offend anyone.

One thing I am seeing lately is that I have been totally blessed in that I have heard clearly about the way that Jesus made for us....that we can follow Him, and be victorious. That I don't just have to struggle here, and feel sorry for myself....It is written in Romans, chap.8verse28 that God has caused all things to work together for good for those who love Jesus. All things. So because I am in this battle of faith which results in peace and happiness, I want to share it. There are alot of moms out there who want to be more patient, more kind...I myself am just an ordinary person, just a regular mom......by nature, I am awful. I am selfish...but praise God, I don't have to stay like this........

Someday, when I am not so tired, and I have a little time (hmm, when will that be?), I will write about how I got converted.......

What I am trying to say, is that writing this blog helps me. And that is my primary reason for writing. But if I can help anyone else along the way, encourage you to seek God too, then I will be very thankful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how you found my blog but I read yours that first day and have been hooked every since! I dont' think your boring and i love hearing what the kids do everyday.

Barb said...

I read your blog everyday also. It makes my day!!!!!!