summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 5, 2008

hot hot day....

Well, I left my incredible nursing baby from 8:00 this morning until 4:30 this afternoon, and she didn't even miss me. But I missed her, a little. When we were in the dr. waiting room, there was a baby around her age, I think she was Korean. And just beautiful, absolutely give-that-baby-to-me gorgeous. Anyway, that made me miss Camille.

Aaron and I did have a bit of fun today. We got on the road, drove for a while, then stopped at a rest area for a coffee, as I had only a cup of instant before we left, not enough caffeine for driving....we got some breakfast at McDonalds to share....then to the hospital. We first stopped in the giftshop and got $3 worth of candy (they had some 5 cent stuff!) (to bring home to the kids, but Aaron liked it too)..... His appointment went well. The dr. said just to watch for pain, in case the bar shifts....ouch...but other than that, just stay out of gym class indefinatly, and keep the incision sites clean....and yes the bar is made of stainless steel, but magnets probably won't stick to his chest.

On the way home we went to a Target we had never been to, looking for a clearanced gas grill (the one we have is quite small, and we have to cook some meat in two batches, and it is rusting out, too), but the Target that we found was brand new, and therefore did not stock gas grills, as summer is "over"......but we got some other things, as well as filled Aaron's prescription. We got the "popcorn and slushie" special for lunch. So half the way home, we ate popcorn, and slurped our slushies.....mine was cherry pepsi....so, we did have a nice time, though I admit I probably enjoyed it 20 times more than Aaron did.

We got home and had summer squash, and bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwiches. Then, hurry, get Charlotte Claire and Jonathan ready to go to a birthday party. Camille was fussy, and in need of one of her cat-naps, so Paul and I went with just Jon and Charlotte....they really enjoyed being our only children for a little while. And when they came home with their party hats and loot bags, everyone else was excited for them, as they were so cute....

I do believe in making life worthwhile as much as possible. I cannot always do what I like (major understatement), but I CAN like what I do....so the time spent with Aaron was good....and now I am majorly indebted to the girls for holding down the fort. I am thankful that they do this for me when they can....I am a very very lucky girl.....

1 comment:

junglemama said...

What a special day! Thanks for sharing.