summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

tired me

1. I am tired, Camille has been waking up way too much.....

2. I had another busy day.

3. These kids are just so funny - Kathryn and Evelyn gave each other spelling tests, while I gave Suzanne and Sonja theirs', while brushing out their freshly showered tangly hair. While Camille tried out her new crawling skills, and Jon and Charlotte Claire tried to mooch some bedtime stories....Camille was on the prowl for unattended pencils, papers, or possible loose change.

4. Three of the girls got 100's on their practice test, one of them got several wrong, which provoked her to say she didn't even care. She spelled before "bfor".....

5. I told Sonja she could skip school on Thursday. If you work for the school district, I am only kidding!

6. When they go to bed and the house starts to quiet down, I want to wake them up and talk to them more, kind of.....

7. Our kitchen is never closed.

8. We have too many injured persons here. When I need someone to carry something down to the freezer, I can't ask Aaron, can't ask Abigail, and now I have to give Mariel a break......

9. I feel like I need a striped shirt and a whistle around here sometimes....and sometimes I wonder what would happen if I weren't constantly being the peacemaker.....

10. Joseph is a senior in high school, and he takes gym everyday, don't ask why. He informed me tonight that the sole of his sneaker came completly off but he might be able to get through gym tomorrow. And you are right if you guessed this is his only pair of sneakers.

11. Why, oh why, did the dentist go and get a water dispenser for the waiting room? If you have children, you know how thirsty this makes them.

12. How come it takes 45 seconds to put a load of clothes on the couch, and a week to put them away?

13. Is it really a New York State law that kids on schoolbuses cannot have both headphones on on their MP3 players, or was the substitute bus driver lying?

14. How can anyone not like Sarah Palin?

15. How could anyone possibly consider an abortion because of Downs Syndrome?

16. Should I just say goodnight before I get too controversial?

10 comments:

Renata said...

I like controversial - I totally agree about abortion - God created each child for a reason. Love hearing the snips from your life. Hope all the injured are feeling better soon & you get a good, peaceful nights sleep!

Martha said...

#7. I have tried closing the kitchen for the night, but my husband has a spare key.
#9. That very idea crossed my mind somewhere in the not so distant past.
#10. Why would anyone have more than one pair of sneakers?
#11. Free cookies at the grocery store makes kids hungry too. And how about those free suckers at the drive up ATM? (My kids used to yell out "Suckers!" when I got to the window. Talk about embarrassing!)
#12. Funny. Or maybe it isn't...

maureen said...

I love your list...this sounds a lot like my list...only I am thinking about this while I should be sleeping! I sleep from 1am-3am and then I wake up every hour on the hour until morning! My list is too long!!

I love Sarah Palin...doesn't everyone? (Well, except BO..too bad.)

Pam's Pride said...

Haha! I TOTALLY agree on the laundry! My couch proves it! LOVE Sarah Palin! Check out my blog...I got to go see her yesterday!!! Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

There were statistics on the amount of people abort after getting a positive on that test they give you around 16 weeks for down syndrome and spina bifida or however you spell that. It was sickning. I won't quote them here because I can't remember the actual number but it was INSANE. And so many people are dying for a baby and would take these babies. And whats worse, they had a abortion clinic dr on tv one night and he was saying he doesn't even ever mention adoption to people who come in because thats too hard for parents to do. Then he said that he had a woman who had come in NINE TIMES. NINE TIMES for an abortion. He said that he feels like its a very good and safe form of birth control. Sigh...just makes me sick.

Ok im gonna stop, i could go on, and on and on and on :)

Enola said...

7 - same here
9 - last week was "W" week at pre-K. So my husband gave our daughter a Whistle to take for show-and-tell. I'm going to kill him! S..L..O..W..L..Y A 4 year old and a whistle = not fun.

So after 16 children, tell me your best labor inducing recipes. I'm desperate !!!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, a whistle, joy. Sort of like the bike horn I bought for Jon last week....he has it on his bike, which is outside, but today I was outside too....ouch! Hmm, labor inducing....I don't know. It's funny how desparate we are to get that baby out when we reach that point.....to prepare us to want to suffer, if necessary, to get to the end of pregnancy. Not necessarily to meet the newborn, just to be comfortable again! I have found myself so focused on THE END, I was actually surprised a bit at the overwhelming blessing that is the baby......anyway, I haven't found anything that really speeds things up except prayer. God does hear. (Camille's middle name, Anaya, means, "God heard")...I really prayed to go into labor myself with her, the midwife and ob thought my due date was later.....and we negotiated an induction date, that they thought was too soon....but my water broke on the night before the ind. date.....and I did need pitocin augmentation, but I went into labor on my own....

Martha said...

Sounds gross, not to mention uncomfortable, but nipple manipulation is said to bring on labor. And why not? Doesn't nursing a newborn send you into terrible afterbirth pains? Why? Because it induces contractions.

Sarah Palin is a hero.

Anonymous said...

yea you can use a breast pump to induce labor. It releases hormones to start your labor, but it could just sent you into contractions that end soon if you aren't ready.

Sex is supposed to, but it has to involve both of you...well you know.

Castor oil, but that is a nasty way to induce, what it does is actually send you straight to the bathroom and some people suggest it dehydrates you which is what sends some into labor.

Enola said...

Yesterday's Bible lesson was on being of good cheer and not getting anxious. Today's was on not getting discouraged because God will finish the good work He begins. Hmm....I'm thinking there is a lesson here LOL.