summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 12, 2008

a nice rainy day for shopping

Jon really wanted this honking bicycle horn for his bike, really really badly.....so, nice mom that I am.... And here is Miss Charlotte Claire with the new bowl her nice Aunt Cheryl bought for her....

But wait, Jon wanted mommy to take one more of him with his new horn, when it was honking!

Well, after Target, where Jon got his bike horn and Charlotte Claire her new bowl, we went to the grocery store....My lucky daughter, M. , got to push the double car-cart with those two in it....and when they started harping for helium balloons, which are free there for kids, I had to laugh.....what a sight....those two sitting there with their balloons, in the big creaky cart....my older daughter was just thrilled....not. Then, when we left the store, it started to just downpour rain....we got soaked....so we put the kids in the van quickly, buckled Miss Camille into her carseat, then put the groceries away...not even thinking that Camille was next to the dunkin'donut box....she helped herself to a jelly donut.....



Our van was pretty packed with stuff.....M. buckling in Miss Charlotte Claire....



My sister and I had a very nice day together....we went out for lunch, a burger from burger K. with a coupon, in the van with icewater to drink.....and no fries, they are a no-no.....(but Charlotte Claire had some).......but we had time to talk and laugh.....know what I did today? I asked the butcher to cut some $1.99lb. roasts into steaks for me....and he was a bit annoyed....he said the steak would be tough.....he said there were already steaks packaged up....For $1.99 per lb., I asked? No, he said, but.....Look, I said, I have 16 kids, and this is how we have steak....we marinade it and it's fine.....Why, he asked, would anyone have 16 kids....? I just shrugged. He said he would cut it up for me, no problem....yeah, I made him feel sorry for me. Shoot me. Anyway, we laughed about that.
So, I will marinade that meat, and we will have some good steak. And tomorrow: we are having a hulabaloo. The kids want to know what that is...I told them it is whatever they want it to be.....all the big kids, and daddy, will be gone for most of the day....so we can do whateever we want....I bought stuff to make pizza, but somehow, they have latched onto going to Mcdonalds, playland....well, I'll see....if the Mcdonalds idea gains too much momentum, I do have coupons....I'll have to see if any cousins want to come so I can have their mom to talk to....

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

lol, i love the pic of jon with his 'honking' horn.
I had to laugh at Camille and the donut! i dont blame her lol, who can resist a jelly donut :-)
What you said to the butcher was funny, at least he cut it for you, the butcher where i go always asks why we have 6...lol, maybe its a butcher thing ;-)

cassandra xx

Enola said...

Ooh a hubaloo sounds good. We sometimes have "backwards" day where we do dessert first then dinner. All that silly stuff makes it fun for kids.

Kristin said...

Hi Della, thanks for stopping by my blog. Your family is beautiful! I really am amazed by your testimony, too (I responded on my blog.) What a miracle that baby is!!

Honey said...

I came across your blog via "Life As Mom"-love her blog! I have been enjoying and laughing out loud while reading your blog. My children are annoyed that they are not in on the joke and keep asking me what is so funny! It's my little secret. I had 5 children in 2.5 years (1 singleton, two sets of twins). Frequently, a grandma comments to me in the store, "My daughter can barely take care of her two kids." I always respond jokingly, "Well you can tell her you met someone who has it worse than her and it'll make her feel better!" You are now this someone for me (along with John and Kate + 8). Seriously, I love my kids and find them a joy (mostly:) I think I'll save your blog to my favorites. It would be fun to exchange "comments from strangers with you." Have you heard the one about...? I'll start: My mother wanted to take her grandchildren to the mall a couple years ago and get a picture made with Santa. Not my idea of a fun way to blow $20, but, hey- it's her money. "Santa" (you know the one who is supposed to love children) said to me "You better not have any more (kids)." Now your turn.
honeysmith at bellsouth dot net (no spaces)
P.S. Are any of your children multiples?