summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

all is quiet, except camille

She is still up. She is like the energizer bunny. Here and there and everywhere. My camera died on Halloween night, and I have been borrowing Mali's and Abigail's. Today, I had Abigail's in my purse, and she has a small memory card, which was full....so I didn't get any pictures....we had a relatively nice day. Aaron is now a real person. I told him that happens when people get their driver's permits. He took the test, and got a 95% without even knowing there was a booklet to read. He got his picture taken, his eye test, which he had to borrow Sam's glasses for, sinces he forgot his, and paid my $75, and voila! He can drive with a licensed driver who is 21 or over. Yay. Mirielle has her license now, so we have to add her to the insurance. But we're taking Emily off. Anyways, taking 8 kids to the Department of Motor Vehicles is a joy.

Then, on to the grocery store. Aaron and Sam got a cart, filled it with 25 bottles of soda and 10 bottles of Cran-Rasberry, for the New Year's celebration at church. I got a cart, and got some milk and bread and chicken.

Then, I really wanted to go home. I was tired and hungry. What a coincidence. So were the kids. I had mentioned going to McDonalds for lunch, mostly so they could run around. By the time we got the groceries and kids in the van, I was waffling. Home: get the groceries in and get them to the table....hmmm. Mcdonalds, get them all out, eat junky food for too much money (who am I kidding, $1 menu), then back to the van....drive through? Nah, same amount of money, just no playing, rip-off. And messy in the van. So, I decided I may as well have some fun with them. Charlotte Claire with her two little pony tails, skipping around, going down the slides....she said there was a monster up the slide. A big one or a little one, I asked? A big one.....but it must not have been too scairy of a monster, because she skipped right back up there....

Then, not home. B.J's. I just got a few things in there. Then home. And, hurry hurry, the older kids had to be out the door. So, we had a break: Joseph made peanutbutter and fluff sandwiches for the little ones, and some of the older ones had leftover spaghetti. I was busy making dipped pretzels for Paul to take to work tomorrow. I used a Ghiardelli white chocolate bar for some of them, then added a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips to it, and made some more. Mirielle made some fudge quick, and I took the fudge and dipped pretzels and made up a tray for him to bring in tomorrow.

Mirielle, Aaron, and Mali went late night ice-skating on a rink in the city. Yeah, she got her license just last week. She has been driving since she was 16, but still. A mother worries. Her daddy is so much more okay with things than I. So I have to just let them go and pray.

Abigail went skating today with Margaret and a few friends. She got knocked down by some guy, and is feeling it now. I told her to take some ibuprofen. So, they are all into ice-skating. We should make our own rink and buy our own skates......

Our beautiful Christmas tree is a victim of too many presents under it and not enough water. It still looks nice, but I am getting afraid to plug the lights in.

Tomorrow is going to be cold cold cold. High 25 degrees. Cold. It is always cold for New Year's. Oh, I went in the hot tub with Kathryn last night. It was wonderful. It was turned up to 101.....and it started snowing a bit while we were in....lovely. It isn't unbearably cold when you get out, because the water is so warm and it warms you up deep inside, which lasts a while.

Well, Camille the monster is still up, getting into the diapers now. I have to get her to bed...

2 comments:

Martha said...

The hot tub sound wonderful, especially with the snow falling, but I think I might still be afraid to get out. I can just imagine though, big, fluffy flakes fluttering down into the water, landing on my hair... While the body is submerged in hot water there must be quite the fog rsing around you. Oh, it is a lovely picture!

I need to get to the grocery store but I so do not want to go. My checking account is looking like I should not but I do need butter and dish soap. I just don't want to go out.

Anonymous said...

I so need to make a trip up there and get in that hot tub!! Man would Charlotte Claire and Connor have fun. And you could snuggle with Sarah and I could snuggle with Camille.

Then we could go shopping!