summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 18, 2008

tipping the balance

silent night, holy night, all is calm.....for a little while anyway. Sonja and Kathryn playing duplos with Charlotte Claire and Camille. So, the balance is tipping. Half of our sixteen children are above youth age, which is twelve, and half are below. But Margaret is turning 12 on Monday, and therefore got to go to her first youth meeting tonight, which is a VERY big deal for her. With her starting in the youth group, we have only seven younger than that now. Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. They are growing up.

Tonight is a big night, the youth are having a special feast for Christmas. Then tomorrow night a party for all the activity club groups, which are run by the youth. Then Saturday night, a boy's youth Christmas party, and a girls' party. Then, on Sunday, a feast for the whole church. Busy....then, Monday night our final concert at the school, the elementary chorus concert. Sonja and Suzanne are singing. Then life quiets down for a few days, maybe.

We are expecting a storm tomorrow. A nice Nor'easter, dumping 6 - 10 inches of snow, followed by some lake effect from Lake Ontario. I am not sure the kids will have school. But sometimes the weather people exaggerate these things.

The kids are crazy tonight. Jonathan is just not made for things like the Christmas season. I was sitting down on the floor with the kids for a while, playing duplos and having a few mint M&M's. Then I decided to check the weather, and here I am. I need to get off this computer and deal with them. They need to wind down for bed.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Ahhh I see you must live near me too...I am in Albany, NY... and we too are expecting the storm, my husband plows...so looks like a long couple of days for me..I have learned not to put much faith into of weathermen...
Angela

Unknown said...

I was just in the city visiting last weekend and we hoped that we would see some snow. And of course, the weekend after, y'all get 6-10 inches!!! No fair! :)

Victoria.M.Paulik's Life said...

i remember when i was coming into youth age. but here in missouri you have to be 13. it feels as if it had been just yesterday yet in 6 months it will be 4 years ago. when i think about it, it makes me feel quite old. now i know why my rents allways told me not to wish my life away. lol