summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 7, 2008

snowy sick day....

Paul is sick now. Suzanne and Sam don't feel well now. Evelyn is starting to bounce back. Jonathan, Charlotte Claire and Camille have tons of energy, and are fine and normal.....Camille was awake SEVEN times last night, and I am not feeling so great. My stomach hurts, and I just feel lousy. I am hoping that I get just a mild case, as all the basic things around still need to be done, whether I am sick or not. The diapers and bottles and feeding the kids. And right now I am going to stop thinking about how things pile up when Mommy's sick, only to have to be done when Mommy's recovering and feels like garbage. There's no Get Out Of Jail Free card for the Mom. I just won't worry about it. I am going to take ONE moment at a time. When trials come, I only have to deal with one thing at a time. (I am preaching to myself here, determined not to paint the whole week black in my mind....)....so off I go to take care of the little ones...

On the plus side, it is snowing out, the Christmas tree is beautiful, and it is cozy in here....

4 comments:

Martha said...

Well, if you are going to be sick, today might be a good day. The weather is the kind where all you want to do is curl up in a warm blanket and watch a movie or take a nap. Just listen to the wind howl and watch the snow fly. Brrr! That's right, pull that blanket up a little closer. Nobody needs to go outside today.

I can just imagine the twinkling Christmas lights and family members snuggled around to watch a video or take a nap.

One Christmas day we were all sick and spent the whole day lounging around. I think there were six or seven of us all crowded onto one bed. Good thing the kids were smaller. We wouldn't fit now. :)

Anonymous said...

I was reading an other blog and I thought you might like to read the post too.
It's about motherhood, and how you don't have to be a supermom to be the perfect mom of your children..

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2007/07/motherhood-god-doesnt-call-equipped-he.html

enjoy

Enola said...

Oh no. I just realized there where I dread someone in my house getting sick because inevitably we all get it, you have EIGHTEEN people to pass it through. You must have the patience of a saint to deal with 16 sick children. ((((hugs)))

Cassandra said...

Oh Della, i hope you just feel sympathy sick and dont actually get sick :-(
I hope all the bugs leave your house really quickly...