summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

pajama day

Suzanne didn't want to go to school today, because of Pajama Day. I do not blame her. She has some nice new pajamas wrapped up under the tree, but other than that, a big t-shirt or some mis-matched jammie tops and bottoms would have to do. She usually wears my late mother's mu-mu, a big comfy nightie that just looks like my mother. We love to have Suzanne wear it, it's like having Gramma around. But she didn't want to wear it at school for Pajama Day. So, last night, as I was going to bed, Mirielle offered to get up with the kids for me. I hadn't gotten their clothes out yet. I said that Suzanne didn't want to go, and that Sonja had fussed about a sore throat, so maybe they could stay home. And Evelyn wouldn't want to get on the bus by herself, so we may as well just let them all stay home. We laughed pretty hard at how it would sound if we tried to explain it to the school nurse, who calls whenever they are absent. But the kicker: Abigail got up this morning and asked why the girls are skipping. I said it is Pajama Day. No, she said, that is next week! Oops!

So today our postponed shopping trip will be even more fun, as Emily, Mirielle, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I will now be going. The girls' room is now all painted and the beds are in the right places, so I want to get them some new mini-blinds.

We are going to freeze our little buns off today. The temperature is in the twenties, with a nice little wind blowing, and a just a few possible snow flurries. It is much colder than yesterday. So, we will be bundling up the kids today!

Why oh why do babies like cell phones so much? Or any phones, or that matter. Camille will shriek if you take one from her. And shriek if she sees one she wants. Real ones are way more fun than toy ones, too.

Well, places to go and people to meet....and today, it is the day of salvation. This mom will be crucified with Christ, so that goodness and blessing come where impatience and snappiness once reigned.

4 comments:

Renata said...

Hope the shopping trip goes well! I wouldn't want to wear my pj's to school if I was your daughter - even if I had the nicest, most stylish ones. It's such an unusual thing for the school to do.

Victoria.M.Paulik's Life said...

oh my. what a day. i don't know if you haven't been getting my comments or not. i mean it almost feels like your ignoring me, but that wouldn't be fair or nice to just assume. you are a very busy person. your sister in christ, victoria paulik

16 blessings'mom said...

Hey Victoria, I would never ignore you! I haven't been able to access much. Aaron just told me that Internet Explorer has sent a virus to a few million computers, and not to use it. My list of favorites is on it....Oh, you should see the snow up here. It is really coming down. The kids have a two hour delay from school this morning, and Benjamin's car is stuck in the yard...He is pulling it out with our 15 passenger van!

Victoria.M.Paulik's Life said...

oh. sounds like fun as i have said many times before we don't get much snow down here but it has been icing sense sunday and so we have been out of school all week and if it keeps up we won't go until after new years. have you been checking your facebook? i emailed you several times. right now something has been going around our family and i got it last night, but im a a lot better now, thank god. other than that im great.