summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 20, 2008

december 20th

Yesterday, the kids were on high adrenaline all day. They figured since their activity club party had been cancelled, they could open the family present from their Grampa and Gramma in Florida. They already had some guesses as to what it was, since Camille so kindly ripped in to it. Here they are, waiting until Abigail finished the dishwasher so they could open it. The kitchen cleanup has never been done so quickly.
The big gift is on the floor right by Sam's feet. He was pretty sure he knew what it was, and he was psyched....

It was a Wii.....just what Sam thought. Wow. It is the Ultimate Fun bundle one, with extra controllers. I haven't tried it out yet. I have not played a video game in probably 25 years. Not in all my married life. Before that, I played games on the TI99, and Ataril. And the Colecovision. Ha. Pacman and Pong, and Parsec. I have just never been inclined to spend my precious free time playing games. But this Wii interests me. Uh-oh.
Here is the view from the deck yesterday. The barn is across the road from us, and the road is barely visible.

Suzanne, Sonja thought it would be fun to play with that great big pool turtle. Which was still outside from summer. Oops.



What fun....






Joseph is so typical of young people these days, just multi-tasking even in recreation. He is walking briskly on the treadmill while playing the guitar. He did this for at least a half an hour. It is snowing out just a little, but very quiet after yesterday's storm. And of course I have to go out shopping for just a few last things. I am wondering if I should get a few more groceries to tide us through Christmas, too.
Emily and Mirielle got up this morning and went out shopping for a few things. Emily needed a plug converter or something for her trip, next Friday she leaves for her year in Norway. They nicely took Sonja and Jonathan, so we have a little break from Mr. High Anxiety, Jon. He is apprehensive about Emily leaving, and excited about Christmas. He needs so much attention, and unlike the other kids who take what they get, or maybe act up once in a while, he just will not be ignored. We do all love him, and get a kick out of him. He is so attached to Emily though, it is going to be hard. I am attached to Emily too......
That sounds awful, that the other kids take what they get. Believe me, one of the things I constantly work on is giving the kids individual attention. None of them truly thinks the world revolves around them, but they are not lacking. I do spend a considerable amount of time in the evenings sitting in my chair, so I can be accessable to them. The can sit with me, or read with me. I know if I am busy doing things, the attention I give them isn't so focused, so I make sure my down times include them. And they also have each other.
Camille needs me, and Charlotte Claire needs a change. I told her I got her some undies for Christmas, all wrapped up under the tree. No, I like my diaper. Great. Don't ask me for any potty training advice.....





4 comments:

maureen said...

Oh I know you will love the Wii. We do not have one, but I have a friend that does and now you can work-out with them. After all you do on your treadmill, the Wii will be a nice addition to that. I love that they are not just games and can actually be useful.

Beautiful snow pictures! We had snow here in Kansas, but then it rained on Thursday night and by morning all the snow was gone. But we are hopefull that we will get more in the next few days.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Maureen

FLmom7 said...

That is so cool they got a Wii! My kids are getting one from G-ma and G-pa this year too, I am so excited for them it's hard to keep it secret;-) I'm a bit jealous of your snow.

Cassandra said...

I too am jelous of your snow!!! can i come visit please ;-)

The kids were trying to get me to buy a wii for hubby(them lol) for christmas, I dont know if we really NEED another game console though... i would be stoked if someone gave us one though :-) Your so lucky!!!

Victoria.M.Paulik's Life said...

#1 wii, unfair ..... those things are such fun.lol #2 snow, very unfair ... we still haven't really gotten any other than less than an inch #3 joe, jealous ..... you can tell him thath i think he is a show-off. (like it would matter to him ) he's really not the type to care. but im not even going to let my sefl start on that subject ..... #4 emily im very happy for her. i myself want so badlly to go and join the a team. i have wanted to join when i firts heard about it.