summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

they are so cute, good thing, too....

Okay, this IS me. I decided to put it up so you could see a few things: 1. how nice the sewing/keyboard table looks....2. how nice the tall bookcase looks....3. How nice I look after my shower with my special fur hat on top.....I think Kathryn did this, then took my picture....so, I thought I'd be a sport and put it up..... Jonathan got such a nice haircut, he looks like a different kid....

This morning, instead of holding Camille and feeding her cereal, I thought I'd just put her in the highchair and give her the bowl....



She thought it was great fun...in fact she thought it was some sort of trick. She was looking at me like, can I really play in this, mommy?



Okay, yum....




very good stuff, this Life cereal....





and mommy LOVES sticky....






Here Charlotte Claire thinks she is wearing these sandals, wrong feet, bye-bye in the winter....I decided to include this picture so you can see what the refridgerator looks like now that Paul finally hooked up the water dispenser.....it doesn't help that our country well-water is full of minerals....





Here is Aaron holding Camille this morning, all ready to go bye-bye....I included this shot to show you where we keep the important papers: on top of the microwave.....and that I am a new washcloth freak...see them on top of the 'fridge?









Camille is getting so big so fast. She knows when we are going somewhere....









Charlotte Claire is getting big too.....going bye-bye for the second day in a row....
I got the part for my sewing machine, wrong part....I thought it was too good to be true.....packaged up the two items that I sold on ebay....post office was closed for lunch...packages are still in the van....but I did get Joe's glasses fixed. And I did get myself a nice new skirt, Merry Christmas to me....and I did get some milk, apples, cheese, a fresh turkey for 59cents a lb., and some other stuff.....good new cereal, which the kids had for dinner. Once in a while, I just need a night off from the whole dinner thing....and after being out and about for hours, two days in a row, it was a good cereal night. They weren't in tears about it, Lucky Charms are about as good as it gets.....
I do not plan on going anywhere for several days, except for the post office tomorrow to mail those packages.....and the sewing machine part, I may have to try to get it from online......I do not want to go anywhere for a while!! The socks I washed last night are still in the washer and have to be washed again....I need to catch up. The good thing is that I left a chore list, and Sam picked up and vacuumed, Margaret swept, Evelyn did the dishwasher, Suzanne cleaned the main bathroom counter....Joseph took out the garbage.....the house can run without me......somewhat.....and for the rest of the time I was gone, I am sure they snacked and played computer and watched channel 24 ( public tv, like "Arthur" and "Curious George"...)
Even though today I had Aaron and Molly, and the three little ones with me, I miss my other kids when I am gone. So tomorrow I will cook that turkey, and have some special catching up time with them....
Oh, I don't know why the brunstad.org page has the glitch where it asks for a password...it seems to happen sometimes. Just try again later. It usually doesn't last.
And someone asked where Emily is going. She is going to Brunstad! (Norway)It is the main conference center of our church.......she is staying for a full year, to work there, probably as a nurse. Youth from many countries go there and work on different things, and have fellowship and get to know each other. I am going to miss her so much, but it is such a nice opportunity for her. Once she's there, she can always travel to other countries to visit. There are churches affilliated with Brunstad in most countries.
Well, only 3 weeks until Christmas. We are just not getting the kids the piles of presents they have recieved in past years. So I am almost finished shopping. I think as I get older and the years go by faster, it seems like Christmas was JUST here.....and I have to work a little on remembering what it is like to be a child. And just slow down and enjoy the little things with them.....to remember the wonderment and the joy of it all....the excitement.....to not be too busy to enjoy it....










6 comments:

cheryl said...

Camille and her cereal are so cute together!! Really, that could win a prize. I remember a picture of you when you were little, with spaghetti all over, I think it was you.. I'll have to look for it. I think she looks like you did. Are there any turkeys left? In the store, I mean.

Mireille said...

They ARE getting big. I don't think Mansa will recogize me in the least!

holly said...

I know just what you mean about how the year just flies by. I have remarked that same statement many times this year. It just zooms, and it doesn't feel right at all. The kids are growing up too quickly, I am growing old too quickly.....ack! Just slow down, time.

Cute baby in the highchair. seriously. Adorable!!!!!!!

Enola said...

I like your picture! And I wouldn't have noticed all the clutter in the background if you hadn't pointed it out!

Mireille said...

Mom, I just had a thought. If you really want a family picture, you should just call a photo place and schedule one. No offense, but Dad is no good at taking group pictures. Plus, if you schedule one, not only will everyone kill you, but we will also be FORCED to go and take one.

FLmom7 said...

I like your hat;-) Cute pictures of the kids too. We're giving less to the kids for Christmas this year too....trying to focus on more family time (and save some $$ as well).