summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

wii morning

Kathryn, Suzanne, and Sonja have been playing Wii since at least 7:45. No big deal. I just tell them: close my door! They woke up the monster. I like to have a little time in the morning without the child with 8 arms......I mean, a simple cup of coffee. Can't set it on the lamp table next to me. No sir. She is all eyes. Then, as she approaches, she is all hands. With long arms. So I have to play the I-am-quicker-than-you game. Oh, and relax and enjoy my coffee.

Actually, as I have said a million times before, I love her so so much. She has several pair of fuzzy footy pajamas, which she wears day and night, except when we go bye-bye. She still has a bit of the stiff-legged gait, the newly walking baby gait. I look at her, and long to do it all over again....and don't understand for the life of me how anyone can "be done"....just like that. I want another baby....not frantically, or anything like that. I trusted God to send the children, and I trust Him still. But it doesn't hurt to ask!

So, the last day of 2008, and I woke up to snow! Lots of it. Windy and cold, and snow. Which I don't love driving the big white van in. Why did we buy a white van? But I will. We are going out to our church New Year's celebration, a bouncy house is set up in the foyer for the kids. I usually go out a bit early so they can bounce and run and have some fun. I was thinking of having Abigail bring Charlotte Claire out after her nap. Camille can nap in the carriage. And Jon doesn't nap anymore.......

Well, the morning rest time is not going to exist this morning. Jon needs clean clothes.....and I need to keep them a bit quiet so they don't wake up the two year old monster......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand people who are "done" too. I still long to be pregnant again and am not sure Sarah will be my last, which is why I got mirena put in because although I trust God will provide financially I don't need another baby right now LOL. But it doesn't stop the longing and I know it will only get stronger as she gets older.

FLmom7 said...

I hope God chooses to bless you again with another baby, it is obvious how much you would love another one. I don't know you personally, but you seem like a wonderful mother. I've never really felt that "done" feeling either...maybe for a few minutes on a bad day, but otherwise I don't understand how a mother can just feel "done".

Robin said...

I agree, I am 39 and sad that my new baby days might be coming to an end soon.

I loved the description of your baby in her jammies with her baby gait, so sweet.