summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 8, 2008

a quick post

Camille is tired, she needs to go to bed....I hauled a bunch of stuff out of my room to wrap tonight.....Paul stayed home sick today, but is much better now.....Emily, on the other hand, came home sick from work today.....I feel moderately lousy, but am glad that I escaped the really awful stuff, so far anyway.

Just my girls are up, Emily, Abigail, M., Molly, and Camille....some of my girls, anyway.

I took M. driving today....it is very interesting for me to go driving with the kids. I find myself all tense, and holding on for dear life.....and braking with my invisible brake. Watch out, honey, red light! You did see that, didn't you?

While we were in the city, we went into Wegmans......a very nice grocery store. We needed some baking supplies, according to M. And a Christmas ham. And a few other things. I didn't feel much like shopping, though.

I have eaten less in the last two days than I usually eat in half a day.....I wish I always had such an absence of appetite......even in the store, nothing was tempting....

I tried to get an appointment to get our family picture taken at Sears. Talk about discrimination! The fellow who answered the phone didn't realize he should cover the phone when he checks with the manager about this lady who wants to come in with SIXTEEN kids! No, said the manager, absoulutely not with out a manager here....so not this week....I could hear the whole conversation. I guess they are just not trained to do such large groups. So, by the time I could get in, with a manager present, it would be too late to get the pictures by Christmas....

So, we are doing them at home, again. It will be a small miracle if we even get those done....

We have two birthdays here this week, Aaron will be 16 on the 10th, and Abigail will be 22 on the 13th. Since Camille really needs to go to bed, I will end now....

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday kiddos! Hope you get the pics done in time and I wanna see them! I have issues with Sears with my 5, so I can only imagine what they were saying to you! Hope everyone gets better quickly, and that you stay away from the really awful stuff!