summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 19, 2008

snow day!!!

Sam came in and told me school was closed while it was still dark this morning. Which isn't as exciting as when you get everyone up, and are in the middle of getting ready, and all of the sudden: school is closed! Yay! But all excitement aside, I'd choose the stay in bed way anyday. I didn't get my lazy rear up until after 8. So here is what everyone is doing this morning:

Emily: she is preparing for her departure next week. She is cleaning out her stuff, and she just cleaned the downstairs bathroom, I am guessing, she brought up the garbage.

Abigail: She has a final this morning. Her last final, her final final. For the semester, anyway. And a horrible storm is coming. No doubt that is coming. She commutes to college, and college is right on Lake Ontario, which is going to get hammered with lake effect snow. She has called her professor, he has not answered his phone. She has emailed him, he has not answered. So, she is going to warm up her '94 pontiac and get going. I will be praying. (and she can't borrow Emily's car, she needs the parking sticker)

Benjamin: I do not know what he is doing. Isn't that sad?

Mirielle: sleeping

Joseph: playing guitar

Aaron: sleeping

Mali: sleeping

Samuel: eating cereal

Margaret: sleeping

Kathryn: fixing some Nutella on bread

Evelyn: playing "I dress up" on the other computer

Suzanne: eating breakfast

Sonja: eating breakfast

Jonathan: getting Emily's keys for Abigail, Em is parked behind her. We do have to play musical cars with 5 of them and one drive way. This is especially fun when snow and ice are involved.

Charlotte Claire: for some miraculous reason, she is just getting up.

Camille: She is eating with Sam

I am going to take a turkey out today, to thaw. We are in for some cold weather, and a turkey sounds nice. Tomorrow, not too bad, Sunday stormy and snowy, Monday, frigid.....so if I get a turkey out today, I can cook it by Monday.....

Jon is watching Abigail move the cars around. He likes to go out and start the cars for people. But Abigail is a bit nervous this morning, and doesn't want to mess with waiting for Mr. Jon to get his boots and coat on.....

Well, I have to take care of Charlotte Claire, get her changed and cuddled....

4 comments:

Martha said...

The snow has begun here. My son, Jim, starts home from Minnesota on Tuesday. I hope he gets some decent weather to drive in. I'm glad he has a truck rather than the little RSX he used to have.

I always loved the snow days where I heard the cancellation on the radio before I dragged myself out of bed.

FLmom7 said...

Sounds very cozy...unless you have to go out in it;-) I know I am weird but I miss the snow storms...I guess after so many years being away from them I've forgotten the reality of it. It is 80 degrees here, a few days before Christmas, isn't that strange? Enjoy your snow and your turkey!

KrustyLynn said...

The storm that you're getting is the one that passed through here just a bit ago. it was kinda a doozy. :/

I'm sure y'all are more used to it than I am though. I might live in CO now but I'm still an Alabama girl in the car. :)

Kathyb1960 said...

I know it won't make any of you guys feel better, but here in West Texas we are supposed to be at around 70 today! HOWEVER...don't throw anything at me!...tomorrow for the first day of winter, our high will ONLY be 40 (our low today was 50), and our low on Monday morning will be 19!!! YIKES!

We have no snow, though, and for that I am grateful! I'm not thrilled about 70 degrees in Dec, and it looks like that's what it will be on Christmas.

Ya'll send a "little bit" of snow this way, and I'll send a little bit of warmth in your direction!