summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 29, 2009

ahh, they are in bed...

But that doesn't mean they're sleeping. I just heard Jonathan say that when he takes his driver's test, he isn't going to fail it one time. They have a rule that if you go to the bathroom you have to turn on the hall light, because the bathroom light is their nightlight. They are all hyped up tonight. They got to play outside for a bit today, but it gets dark so early now. They played a game in the living room that involves getting out all the interlocking foam floor mats, and jumping from one to the next without touching the floor, while being chased by the person behind you. I am not sure who wins and who loses but it a very very loud game. But they need to get their excercise, and expend their energy. Winters here in central New York with lots of kids in the house can be very long indeed. And it hasn't even started yet.

I absolutely love our new washing machine and dryer. Love love love it. I can do a load in 30 minutes and dry it in 35. The hampers are almost empty.

When I tucked Charlotte Claire into her nice little crib for bed tonight, I saw that her room is a MESS again. It is the toy storage room, but everything has a place, they just don't put the toys back in the places. And when you have way too many toys, it doesn't take very long before it is a mess again. ugh. I just cleaned that room!

It is getting pretty obvious to me that I don't have much to say here, for once. We went to the calling hours today for our friend Gwen, then to the services. It is hard to explain how encouraging and hopeful, yet sad it was. Gwen was a woman of prayer. She prayed fervently for the young people, and for the children. She was in much pain her last few months, but she never complained. She knew she was finishing her race, and she was glad! She will be sorely missed......

Well.....my guest blogger will hopefully sign on here and introduce herself soon. I AM taking my computer with me, but I do not think I will be blogging. I am only bringing it so the kids can get in touch with me about anything they deem semi-important. If it is REALLY important, they can call our resort. I do not really want to keep in close touch with what is going on at home, after all, if I am kept informed about every little fight between Evelyn and Suzanne, and how late Ben stayed out, and who refused to do the dishwasher and who lost their sneakers, then what kind of vacation will it be? So I asked them not to email me about that stuff unless there are problems. My sister is here in town if they need her, and my brothers and sister-in-laws, and also lots of friends. Plus the older kids drive, so they won't be stranded here. We need to go away and just be away.

But I am not saying I can restrain myself from snapping a few pictures of Paul relaxing in the sun and putting them up....or that I won't post a few snippets about the waiters bringing us drinks on the beach....or some random ravings about the delicious dinners....so this is not good-bye....

So Cheryl, have fun and write about anything you want to.....

5 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

I hope you enjoy your trip to the extreme and take tons of pics and share them with us!!!

AUTISMOMMA said...

And PLEASE DO write, Cheryl! :) I'm sure you know the enormous shoes you are filling but just in case you don't, Della has a pretty good following of loyal readers. So we are expecting something...I don't know about the others but Della is how I start my day. LOL I pull up her blog and brew my coffee and so begins my day, each day.

Have a great vacation, Della!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY have a GREAT trip!! :) I am so happy for you!! :)

Enola said...

Enjoy your time away!

Deb said...

Have a wonderful time, you deserve it!