summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 19, 2009

day off for my kids....

And I decided to try to sleep in a little. I did stay up until 1am. But if it isn't one thing, it's another, and Miss Rosie barked at the garbage guys like they were stealing her garbage or something. Am I the only one who heard her in this whole house? Could one of the older kids have woken and called her in?

So that is how my day started....then I remembered who made this day, and my attitude changed. Then, I entered the kitchen. What the...???? Those pans were supposed to be washed last night!!! Okay, okay....and I made some coffee and got a bowl of PeanutButterCrunch, and here I am. Well, I did bring Rosie in and feed and water and pet her, and I did get Jonathan out some clothes....and I did see the wet clothes on the laundry room floor....seems the hose from the back of the washer likes to secretly disconnect itself, and let water rain down to the bathroom and utility room downstairs every once in a while, just for fun. I picked up a few items that I knew I washed yesterday, lying on the floor wet. hmm. And I decided I would deal with it later.

I do not have much luck with footwear. I am a barefoot girl, wearing slippers only when my feet get really cold. I have my comfy Birkenstock slip ons, and I wear them from April to October, and an occasional warm day in November. Then I have to wear awful shoes. I have a pair I have been wearing a few years, and they look horrible. So I found the same exact pair, $30 at Walmart. Same size, same shoe, just new and neat. I wore them the other day, and they hurt so badly I finally took the worst one off and walked through Aldi parking lot with one shoe on. I still have the receipt, the tags, and the box, I am going to bring them back. And what do I do now? I also bought some beach sandals on clearance at Sears the other day. I tried them on when I got home and OUCH, they hurt between my toes. I gave them to Margaret, and she gave me some she had that only hurt a little. But the good thing is, I found some Birkenstocks online the other day for half price, in my size! I am expecting them in the mail any day now. They are slides too, but they are prettier than the ones I have, and new and neat, of course. I cannot wear them in the snow of course, but I can wear them on our vacation if Paul gets his passport.

Last night I had one of the worst dreams.....I dreamed we got to our hotel and the only way to get into our room was to climb up a dresser and go through a really small door.....hmm. Anxiety anyone?

I cut coupons for literally two hours yesterday. Well, I didn't exactly cut only coupons. No, I cut other things too. Every picture of a doggy or a kitty, and cakes and pies and Christmas stuff. The kids got out the glue and made collages. Even Charlotte Claire likes to do that. Mirielle filed all the coupons last night, so we are good to go to the store. Which is what we might do. BJ's has a coupon book, and we have lots of coupons for the things they have in it, so there will be big savings there.

I do not know how many kids we will end up bringing with us. Sweet little Charlotte Claire has developed some new little tantrum techniques that make outings interesting. Camille and her had a huge fight over who got to hold the bag of gummy bears at Aldi the other day, and Charlotte Claire wanted me to buy a second bag so she could hold it. 89cents, I should have. But she just seemed to demanding about it, and I said that one was enough, they could take turns. Now, teaching kids to take turns should take place primarily at home, unless you really didn't want to buy anything in the store anyway. Good thing Abigail was with me to take her out to the van and buckle her into the car seat. Or I would have had to pick her up and carry a screaming limp child, devastated that she couldn't carry the gummy bears. By the time I got back out to the van, she was fine, and said she wouldn't be bad in a store again. Well, last night she had a fit because Camille hit her and she was going to hit her back, and I stopped them...and she hit me! No way, Miss. Jonathan and her have picked this up, and no way. Jon has only done it once, and I stopped him and had him sit in a chair for a while. He has said he won't do it again, he knows it is bad. My older kids did not fight as much as the younger ones do. They are best friends, but they swing at each other pretty quickly about stupid things. Especially those little girls who share a room......


Well, I need to do some things around here, especially if we are going shopping....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Well I hope your day gets better than it started out. I meant to tell you that your post about having a miscarriage was bittersweet. I have been so lucky to never have lost a pregnancy or child, but I can imagine the pain that you felt (and still feel). I am sending you some Florida sunshine to brighten your day:-)

Anonymous said...

And of course all the chocolate, chips and gummy bears are the first thing when you get in the store, it's like they want your kids to go crazy right away....

Book Lover said...

I've been meaning to ask you where you get your coupons? From the internet? Also, does your store have double coupon days. It hardly seems worth it if they don't. I've always wondered where people get their $1 & $2 coupons. I've only found 25 to 50 cent ones. Anyway, have a great day!!

Blessings,
Kim Chrisman

PS: Shoetrader.com has wonderful shoes that come in all widths. They have good sales also