summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 13, 2009

our friday night

Paul took the older kids to activity club, so I am here with the two little girls, or should I say THREE! Miss Rosie thinks she is one of the kids. I got out some dollhouse stuff for them, and they are playing happily....

Well, they were....now Camille is jumping from the couch to the chair and back again....and I am pretending I don't notice. Because she is a tired wreck, two vaccinations and no nap. She got the regular non-mercury flu shot, but not the SWINE flu shot....the pediatrician seems to think it is safe, and I really respect this dr., he has been our kids' dr. since Emily was born. We have aged together! He is extremely cautious and almost paranoid about covering all the bases, which comes in handy when your child has something serious, like the meningitis a few of my nieces have had, and the leukemia a few others had...(actually, one poor child had both of those things, at different times.....my brother's daughter.)
Anyway, Camille was broken-hearted and betrayed...there she was, all excited about the bandaids she was going to get...I tried to tell her it was going to hurt....and oh, she was so shocked. She cried a little bit, then she turned to me and said about the nurse, "She poked me!!"
Rosie is beating the heck out of Tickle-Me-Elmo, and it is pretty funny. Elmo keeps saying, "That tickles!"
So.....I would never deliberately be decietful here or anywhere else. But by omitting certain things that are going on with certain people in my family, I feel like I am presenting a family that is just so la-di-da! When of course there are things....we have a good spirit here in our home for the most part. But I have a deep respect for the privacy of my older kids, and if they have issues or trials, those are theirs to share or not. I am already in deep deep trouble from all my kids for writing about Jon's kindergarten friends that hitched a ride home in his hair. They were absolutely livid that I mentioned it, after I encouraged them not to say anything to anyone. Ooops. They told me last night to go and delete it...too late, kids. I am sorry. I certainly did not really want to share about it, but heck, it was a nightmare...or could have been one....but we caught it quickly....anyway, it was a trial for me, so I shared, and they thought I shouldn't have.....
Well, Camille is having a fit...she is tired and needs nighty-night now....

1 comment:

Book Lover said...

Poor Camille!! Hope she got extra hugs and kisses:) I know what you mean about telling your older kids "secrets" They can tell all their friends and their dog, but you better keep quiet!!LOL I think they find it odd sometimes that their mom can have friends.

Blessings

Kim Chrisman