summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 14, 2009

happy saturday!

This morning I am in a hurry because I have to take Joseph to Walmart to represent "Modern Warefare II, Call Of Duty"......he has to be there within an hour...but I have a little time.

I re-read the post I wrote last night. It seems like awful dark things are going on, and that is just not the case at all. I only meant that while I feel perfectly fine writing about when Suzanne stomps off about something, I wouldn't neccessarily feel the freedom to mention if Mali did the same thing. For the most part, the older kids are good kids. There is a bit of a contrast in the lifestyle and behavior of Benjamin compared to the others, and he does cause us more concern, but we do not love him any less for it. Teenagers have their trials, but even little things that I could mention, like if one of them has a major breakout of acne, and is flipping out about it, oh my goodness if I wrote about that they would kill me. So....that is the way it is.

I ordered myself a new pair of birkenstock sandals last night. Ouch. They are very expensive. But they are oh-so-comfy. I have bought so many pair of shoes and sandals over the years that feel fine in the store, then hurt my feet. And obviously right now there are no sandals in the stores. And I cannot order different sandals because I can't try them on. So I bit the bullet and spent $59.99. They WERE half price. And they are pretty. My old ones are old, and I can still wear them, but I needed something neater. How pathetic when new birkenstocks is the dressiest my feet get. I also am thinking about some of the clogs for winter....but I dare not right now.

Abigail is going off to do some painting at the church grounds. Aaron is going too. I need to cut this short and go wash the pans from last night....I made homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner last night, and the glass baking dish that we emptied is still sitting there because they all went out the door to activity club, and I shut down the working part of me, and just played with the kids and had some computer time. I pay for it when I do that, but it is worth it.

Well, off to Walmart we go....so, if you see a young guy representing a video game in Walmart today, be nice to him. He is probably nervous, he probably is just pretending he knows what he is doing, and he is probably trying to make enough money to buy a new xbox in time for Christmas. His mother may have driven him there, and may be sticking around to take the required pictures of him interacting with customers. And that boy's foolish mother is probably thinking, "This is my son. Isn't he something?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah my husband is dreaming of getting this game !! Ah I wish we could go to your walmart to get a better sales for your boy... but we're in Chicago now... :)

Unknown said...

It's never foolish to think "Isn't he something?" because if their mothers don't tell them that they are great, who will?