summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

sunny tuesday morning...

First of all, the car DOES by some miracle have collision on it. That was good news. Second, since we have way too much garbage, the garbage guys are going to bring us two 96 gallon "wheelers", and see if it is enough for us. It costs double. I know, we are bad for the environment, right? But good for the economy, and that is more important! My kids are terrified we will have to get a dumpster, which according to them is "instant social suicide".





Paul doesn't have his passport yet. He called last night and had it expidited, which costs a bit....and they couldn't guarantee he would have it in time. But it just makes it more exciting....we MIGHT go to Jamaica....



I wrote this post this morning...now it is afternoon. Living out here in the country, the internet service is spotty. I lost the connection this morning, and then had to leave.



Now we are home....we went to sears and got our washer/dryer stacking kit. And: I got myself some beach sandals, and three shirts, for cheap. We walked through the rest of the mall and didn't spend a penny, except for at the fabric store. I ordered a new foot pedal for my sewing machine, so we got some pink and purple and silver shiny fabric so Mirielle can make some princess-y Christmas stockings for the annual local Christmas bazaar. Our church youth group (and Cheryl, Kim, and I) get a table every year.



Jonathan got a nifty new remote control Publix truck from his gramma in the mail yesterday. He is so absolutely thrilled with it, he decided he shouldn't keep it in his room last night because he said, "I'll be too distracted to sleep." He is too old for his kindergarten age. He also doesn't know what to ask for for Christmas now.



My camera is missing again. It is frustrating, but no one knows where it is. No one took pictures with it. No one touched it. hmm. Last night Evelyn put Camille's hair into like 6 little ponytails, no camera. Jon had a huge grin on his face because of his new truck, no camera. The two little girls had on matching shirts with their matching jeans and matching Converse sneakers, no camera.



And now the dreaded time of the day is creeping up...dinner dilemma time. As I have mentioned over and over again in past posts, if you have 5 or 6 or even 10 people to make dinner for, and you are unprepared....you can throw SOMETHING together.

The internet went down AGAIN, now it is evening....we had a nice dinner: beef Rice-A-Roni with some browned ground beef in it, and asparagus. With bread and butter. And for dessert, a pineapple sliced up by Joseph. And some tangerines. But I can't eat pineapple, I am allergic to tropical fruits...not so much fun for me to go to Jamaica, in that respect.

Now most of the kids are in bed....and the internet is working again for now. I am glad I don't write for a living....

No comments: