summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 23, 2009

home again home again....

Suzanne Eleanor....
Evelyn Joy in her soccer jersey.... Charlotte Claire and Camille




So today I started to pack for our trip. I want to try to stuff as much into my carry-on as possible, because if my luggage gets lost....what would I swim in? What would I wear?


Today I went tanning. It cost the same to go for one week, unlimited visits, as it costs for two visits. So I will try to see how many times I can fit it in to go. I only went for six minutes. I didn't particularly care for it, and I know it causes skin cancer. But hopefully this one week won't kill me. And it seemed so absolutely crazy to do something so selfish!


Mirielle made chicken, pasta, broccoli, and alfredo sauce for dinner. No boxed macaroni and cheese or chicken nuggets when she makes dinner. Now she is cutting Aaron's hair. Oh, it is good to have her around. Abigail is at soccer practice with Samuel, Kathryn, and Evelyn. Jonathan is supposed to be getting ready for bed, but he is really into his homework, which is cutting out words that are in popcorn shapes to put into a red and white cardboard popcorn container. He is struggling with the scissors a bit, but he likes doing it. Suzanne is helping Jon, all dressed in her spiffy red dress and shiny one dollar shoes. Sonja and Camille are going on the treadmill, Mali is doing homework, and Charlotte Claire is playing dollies. Ben is in his room, Paul is on the computer, and Margaret is on the other one. And it is bedtime....and I hate to disturb them at at what they are enjoying doing. It is much easier to send kids off to bed when they are being loud and crazy, but when it is so peaceful in here.....they do get to stay up a bit later.






3 comments:

Erin Merryn said...

WOW! You are almost the duggars...do you watch that show. Jon and Kate plus 8 are done time for your own reality show. How do you do it? Any consideration of writing a book?

Karen said...

If my son only knew how long he could delay going for his nap if he'd play nicely.... :-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Hello Erin. I have never watched an episode of the Duggar Family because we don't have cable. But I have gone to their website and looked at pictures of their house, and oh-my-goodness, I get SO jealous of that laundry room with four washers and four dryers. And all the space...my kids would kill me if I ever even considered reality tv. In fact, they want to do a series of YouTube videos called, "Why our family can't be on Reality T.V."....featuring of course the messes and the fights.