summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 21, 2009

oh my goodness what a day!

Benjamin put Rosie on the couch, where she is NOT allowed. Jonathan liked this though. Suzanne and Camille

Samuel with Charlotte Claire, and Aaron with Camille







Rosie




Today was sort of like last Saturday....Joseph had to work at both the same Walmarts...and the second store was too far to drop him off and go back, so I stayed and shopped, just like last Saturday. I did have two willing accomplices, Aaron and Mali, who are very bad in stores. They were spying on me, and I knew it. So I left my cart in the aisle, and sneaked back up to say , "RAH" to Mali, and when I leaned around the corner of the aisle to do that, there was a guy walking around the corner towards me. It was so funny, because of course I had already yelled, "RAH!" when I realized that man was not Mali. But Aaron and Mali had a good laugh.

We got everything we need for Thanksgiving. 5 packages of brown and serve rolls, heavy cream for topping the pies, and then the usual like bagels and bananas. I also got the ingredients for the fudge for the bazaar. I usually make regular chocolate fudge, then peanut butter fudge, and maybe chocolate walnut fudge, and my favorite: Almond Joy fudge. Mirielle is in charge of making it this year. Now THAT is hard for me. Missing the bazaar, and not being around to orchestrate things...ouchie for me. I also got some giant jingle bells so the girls can make necklaces, and some smaller bells for bracelets. The FUNNEST thing I got today by far was the shoes. I found one dollar shoes in Walmart!! I got two pair for Camille, two for Charlotte Claire, two for Suzanne, and Sonja, and one for Evelyn, Margaret, and Samuel.

After we picked Joe up from the first Walmart, we stopped at Mcdonalds so Joseph could get a one dollar chicken sandwich and a small fries, and I got a coffee. I always get a large so I can share. Then we went to the TimHorten's drivethrough and got some Timbits...then on to the big new Walmart....after we were done there, we were really thirsty....but we were going to try to make it home.....then I turned around in a MCDONALD'S parking lot...so we went through the drivethrough...and got two ice cream cones, two sundaes, and four ice waters. $4.30. And we had a nice ride home.










I got home with groceries to children that were glad to see me, and a muddy dog. She wasn't supposed to come in because she was so dirty, but try telling her that. I put her in the tub and washed her legs and feet off, and then put the cold stuff away. I am sorry to say there are lots and lots of things not put away yet, but right now I do not care. I matched socks tonight, too. A whole laundry basket full. Paul got the washer and dryer stacked, and the laundry room is all clean and organized. It feels wonderful and I want to keep it this way forever and ever.
Tomorrow is a Thanksgiving feast at our church. The younger ones will cook, it is amazing what they can do. Mirielle and her cousins and some of the younger girls got together yesterday and made 30 pies, apple and pumpkin. Tomorrow there will be songs and music and certainly encouraging testimonies of thankfulness. The girls have their clothes all picked out to dress up nicely, and they are all excited about it.
I know I have a lot to be thankful for. Of course there are all the earthly things, (especially running water!), but I am mostly thankful for salvation. I have learned lately that it is very important to see the bigger picture so that I am not bogged down by the little things. Proverbs 29 v. 18, "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."And what is the vision? It is that I partake fully of that way of salvation that Jesus made, because He said, "Follow me...." The spirits of this world are heavy and full of fear and anxiety. If this is the day that the Lord has made, and we are to rejoice and be glad in it, (Psalm 118, v. 24), then when is the day to be angry and impatient and scared? But it is a battle. And I am thankful I can be awake to it.
Enough preaching for one day!!! But God's word is my life, and my life is all because of God.










3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day : -) How much longer till your fun trip???

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh out loud here with your roaring at strange men in shops! :D Hilarious, though I can understand that it might be somewhat embarrassing too. :)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on salvation and a vision. It's so important, but incredably easy to forget or push aside when life's busy. It's so good for me to look at blogs or web pages like this and be encouraged. I hope you have a most enjoyable Thanksgiving dinner at today. :)

Kerry said...

You cannot talk about almond joy fudge and not divulge the recipe! Please?