summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

thank you Anne, I forgot charlotte claire!

When I listed the kids' names, I forgot Charlotte Claire. Oops.

I went for my walk today, yay!!! I dragged Abigail along with me, which was a good idea because she talked to me while I was suffering up the hill, and distracted me.

Our turkey dinner was good, except for the fact that Paul had to leave and go to a meeting, BEFORE dinner. We had turkey, gravy, Mirielle's sweet potato fries (which were just sweetpotatoes sliced, baked, salted...very yummy) corn,green beans, and rolls. No one else had to leave after dinner, so we had a nice time sitting at the table, and sharing some cookies I had bought the other day at Aldi (the assortment box for $3.49), they didn't fight over the good ones too badly.

The kids have a half-day of school tomorrow. So, being the nice mommy that I am, I am letting them stay home. We live out a ways from the school, so their bus ride is long...and on a half day, it just isn't worth all that time on the bus. They are all good students, so I am not worried about them getting behind. The only hard part about it is answering all the teacher's queries on Friday. Because Friday is Parent-Teacher Conference day for us. Or I should say for me, because Paul just informed me that he can't make it. He has been crazy behind at work. So I get to face the teachers. I don't know if I can get them to understand my philosophy, which is -well, I just like them around alot. They get so much out of a day at home. Hopefully they sleep in a bit.

Well, time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the teacher can understand that they sometimes need the special attention of staying home with mommy. Well I hope they would understand that!!