summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 28, 2009

pictures of saturday

I took seven kids to McDonalds today for lunch. First we went to Walmart, again, and we saw Santa Claus in there! He gave us candy canes! It was one of those unexpected treats that really made their day. Camille didn't make much of a mess, she just rode in that cart more peacefully than ever, eating her candy cane. McDonalds was fun because I let them each tell the nice lady their order. They know what the choices are, all Dollar Menu things, and I told them they could each pick three things. We only ended up with a few orders of fries though, so they had to share. After all these years, I don't have a baby anymore! No nursing in McDonalds, no trying to keep the baby who wants to crawl around contained while the kids play, no chasing a new walker around....Camille is big enough to keep right up with Charlotte Claire, and everytime she came down the slide, she would tell me, "This is fun!" The other kids like to help her and look after her.
Samuel's pants were falling down in McDonalds, and I found out that his belt is broken...so we stopped at the dollar store for a new one. We also got 5 presents for Evelyn and Kathryn's friend, who is having a birthday next week. Then home......
This picture is exciting and lovely because these two fight fiercely over this Sit'nSpin. We have two, but this is the older one, from back when Emily was little. Somehow it is the coveted one, and they scramble for it and end up crying and fussing. To see them share it is nice.

Well, Camille had no nap today. I do this every once in a while because sometimes she naps and then stays up late, and sleeps in late, and then her nap would be late, and it is okay, but once in a while we need to get her in a little early. Tonight is an early night.


2 comments:

Tereza said...

My 2 year old is in bed early tonight too:) She refused to nap so hopefully she'll sleep good all night. I loved this post with the details of the falling pants etc. I had kind of a mommy melt down today so your post was refreshing for me:)

Virginia Revoir said...

Great idea about the dollar menu. I will remember that with my kids. Also, are you having anymore kids in the future you think? I can't imagine having so many babies! You are amazing. I have six and I feel like I need a break from having a baby for a bit so I can just have some time for exercise or dates. I'm usually nursing or pregnant. Things like that. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's, I just need a few years in between having my next one. We'll see. I had 6 within 9 years and I think I'd like to see what it's like to have a 4 year gap. Let's see if I make it! Haha.