summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

breakfast was wonderful....

Scrambled eggs and bacon, hash browns and raisin toast, and a blueberry pancake. Way too much, but boy was it good. Lots of coffee, too. The best part was the laughing and talking and knowing I am not the only one who has trials. These ladies I had lunch with have certainly had their share...Kim has 12 kids, one of which is a cancer survivor, and Angela has 8 kids, her husband had cancer and these last two years have been very difficult for her....he is still very tired and cannot work...but everyone has their things they have to suffer with, things to test their faith, God sends rain on the just and the unjust. It is somehow comforting to get together and swap stories though, and encourage each other that just this moment, to be faithful in this moment, and leave tomorrow up to God....

So after a trip to the dollar store (how could I possibly have bought FORTY-FOUR things???!) , we went to the grocery store where I handed my two friends coupons and money and had them go through the line for Pepsi and Mountain Dew....5 for $10...for the next conference weekend grill. It was nice to get 15 twelve packs all in one day. Now I just have to get candy candy candy again...

I bought a can of red paint in the dollar store. I am going to repaint two ugly yellow chairs. I don't know if red paint will make them pretty, but it will be fun finding out.

My two little girls have made such a mess in their room. Clothes and dolls and doll clothes....they love to play in there, and it just occured to me that since the room is already messy, I don't have to worry about them making a mess. Unless they decide they need some water for their play kitchen....or diaper rash ointment for their dollies....I guess I better still keep an eye on them. They are rascals. I went in to check on them a few minutes ago, and Camille told Charlotte Claire, "My baby isn't dead anymore..." Okay.

Joseph is painting his room brown. Dark nutmeg. I haven't looked at the finished job yet, but he says it looks horrible. When cleaning, he must have come across a set of small megablocks. He must have given them to the little girls. They must have dumped them all over the living room. I want to pick them up and give them to a different family. Stepping on small legos and megablocks...not fun. Uh-0h, I am getting old.

It is depressing sometimes when I look around and the same old things have to be done, again...and again and again....I assign things and dole out jobs and we clean up and...what the heck? it is messy again, just like magic. Are we all slobs, or is it just that we are all just a bit sloppy and add it all together and MESS...?.I don't know. I just get sick of it sometimes. And sometimes I say that "one of these days I am just going to give up and let it be messy..." But they don't believe me.

Paul will be home from Boston tonight. I am excited to see him, and glad he will be home, although it was fun to be the boss for a few days. ha, like I am not always bossy. Anyways, the nice thing about him going away is that he comes back....that we miss each other after all these years is pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

your meal sounds heavenly:):) My teens tell me we never have "food" in the house...of course what I call food and what they call food are two different things all together! So in another post you mentioned that your teens gauge having food in the house by what's available to grab real quick...so I thought of you today when I was filling my cart with bagels, yogurt, bananas, granola bars and pita pockets:):):) Why is food so darn expensive?? so anyhow...
Glad your hubby is home soon! It's fun to be without them for a while to do evereything the way we want and so nice when they walk in the door again!