summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 2, 2010

discovery channel crazy guy...

So this guy thinks the Discovery channel is making things worse instead of better by airing such shows as "Jon and Kate Plus 8", and "19 and Counting"....because these shows glorify the births of more "parasitic infants"....so he went into the Washington, D.C. headquarters of the Discovery channel and took some hostages....he was pulling a gun on one of them when police shot and killed him.

This whole thing was disturbing to me....it made me question this blog, question whether I should ever even tell anyone how many kids we have. How can people be filled with such malice? If one uses one's brains, it is obvious that in a large family these days, the children are wanted and nourshed and brought up in love, and usually with the parents on their knees in prayer. These kids grow up as good citizens, assets to both community and country. There is enough to go around, it is just that there is so much corruption in this world, all caused by sin.

Anyways....Samuel is getting his way and we are watching "Black Hawk Down"...I am not watching it too much, with Benjamin going into the Army, I cannot handle this combat stuff. Oh dear I don't know how I will possibly manage, especially because in this particular movie, which is based on a true story in Somalia, the cry keeps going out for "Medic, medic!!" Benjamin is going to be a medic.

Tomorrow we are going somewhere we haven't been in a very long time...the mall. Blah. I prefer Target....but some of the kids want to see if the can find any school clothes.....I hate expensive stores, I just cruise right to the back and look at the clearance stuff. It is hilarious, because my kids do that too....I know if they go to the mall without me, I can give them ten or twenty bucks and they will bring back lots of stuff. I don't look forward to taking the little ones to the mall, it is kind of boring for them. But Emily and Abigail and Joseph are all working at the Fair tomorrow afternoon/evening, Ben, Aaron, and Mali are working, and Mirielle wants to go to the mall. That leaves ZERO babysitters, and ten kids to take to the mall. Except that during the day Em wants to take Ev and Sonja somewhere...rats, that means I have to be home by four-ish, and Mirielle cannot leave to go until noon, after classes...hmm.

Boring stuff, sorry.

I am missing my husband something fierce these days. 16 days is way too long. I have total sympathy and much mercy for those who have spouses in the military. You deserve medals, and a party.

There was a comment on someone's blog recently that made me mad. Upset and mad. A wife said that her husband no longer finds her attractive because she had gained ten or twenty pounds, but they are still good friends. I was horrified. What a jerk he is!!! No offense if you are his wife and are reading this, but your good friend is a jerk! Love is blind, or it should be. It is about the heart. I want to also give this wife a party, and a hug, it is just plain sad.

Well, this mama is tired!!! Camille is back in my room, I have the bed to myself, and I need to go get into it.

6 comments:

Mum said...

Hey hunny, just sending you a huge hug. Scary stuff that discovery channel guy. I don't post often, but I follow your blog. I'm a mum of 4, we are just at the early stages of our hopefully abundant family. I just wanted to say every time you post you give me so inspiration to be a better mum. I'm only 26 and sort of finding my way though trying to be a wife and mum, and I have found so much help from blogs like yours, other mums who find their greatest joy is their families, and want to lead a life god would approve of. You have many times written about not letting yourself be impatient, or frustrated with your family because it's more about your reaction to a situation, then the situation its self. I was never told that, but it makes so much sense, and has been such a beneficial lesson. I came from a very broken family, so I really don't have any sort of guidance in this regard. I'm in England now but was born in America, must say your weather pictures of snow make me sooo homesick :). I have people on a regular basis question our choice to have four, and are very rude if they hear we would welcome more. It is just as I snuggle our teething 5 month old, I can't imagine wanting to do anything else. Thank you for sharing your wisdom on your blog. For what it is worth, I find great comfort in your words.

holly said...

please don't let the very minute number of crazies make you shut down your blog!! I live to read it everyday. That guy was messed up, but while most people don't understand why we have lots of kids, they aren't going to kill people over it. I just hope it doesn't make discovery change programming. I like the big family shows. Even though I don't have cable, lol!

16 blessings'mom said...

Well hello, Taliah! And thank you, I am glad you find help and comfort in what I write, but I must clarify that it is God's word that contains the wisdom. I don't know if you have ever visited the website brunstad.org, which is our church's homepage, but there are so many inspiring articles there concerning children and what a blessing they are. There are actually three fellowships in England, Taunton, Durham, and Didcot. email me at dellamom16@yahoo.com if you are interested. There is so much help and support and understanding there!

And thank you, too, Holly....I just sit here and write what I am thinking and sometimes forget that people actually read it...

della

Mike and Katie said...

Just think how many families you may have encouraged to have "just one more because 4, 7, 9 or 11 really isn't that many kids." :)

I love reading about your family and everyone's interactions with each other. I also appreciate your honesty that everyone doesn't always get along, meals are not always perfect, the house is not always clean, but you really enjoy your kids and that's what's most important.

I also think your family is unique in that you don't homeschool. Almost all of the large families I know homeschool. I'm curious how the teachers and other kids respond or treat your family and kids. Do your kids get flack for having so many siblings? How do they feel about it?

I' glad to have stumbled across your blog and pray for God's protection from crazies for your family.

Chrissy in Chaos said...

I get a similar attitude about having what is percieved here as a large family(4kids) - AND I too read your blog everyday - I find that just knowing that someone else goes through the same things helps!
My husband is a musician and he is often away working with bands or playing, in some respects I love it! The housework can slip, the dinners can include mushrooms, and I can do what I want as I want! On the other hand the bed is too big, there is no one to share a roll of the eyes with, and I can't send out for chocolate late at night! And it'll be very hard when I go back to work in 2 months time! :-(

FLmom7 said...

I love reading your blog too and don't want you to stop writing just because of some nut job. We all know "they" are out there, but we should not be forced into silence because of crazies like that. How sad that some people live with such hate. Your words are full of kindness and your love for your family is very obvious, I just want you to know that you inspire:-)