summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, September 4, 2010

one more day, and the dadster comes home

I am trying to clean the house so it is nice and clean when he gets home. Today I have moved all the living room furniture and vacuumed and mopped, swept and mopped the kitchen, washed two loads of laundry, fed the kids sandwiches and Ramen noodles and juice for lunch....since my oldest child is eleven years old, it is quite busy. I wish I had done all this cleaning yesterday, or had the older kids do some things before they left this morning. ha.

I went through an ordeal with Miss Camille...she wanted a popsicle. Okay, put her to the table and gave her one. She had to go poop. Okay, washed her and got her down. Went in and wiped her and turned on the water for her to wash her hands. She takes off all of her clothes when she goes to the bathroom, and wouldn't put them back on because, according to her, "They are all poopy, Mommy!" Well, they were not! So she gets back up into her booster seat in her underwear, and doesn't want her popsicle, she claimed someone took a bite out of it. Okay, I give her a new one. She sits there for like two minutes, and wants to get down and go outside with the other kids. Fine, you don't have to eat that popsicle, you can go out. And no, you cannot put on your "poopy" clothes, I understand. Let's go get some new ones out. ....well, at this point she decides she cannot walk. It is one of her favorite things to do. She collapses and just can't walk. So she crawls behind the mean mommy who has had just about enough, crying about how she can't walk. She doesn't want any of the clothes her mommy is taking out to give her, so her mommy just leaves the room, goes into her own room, and stretches out on the bed.....the child who cannot walk crawls to the side of the bed, refuses the invite to come up and cuddle, and sobs how she just cannot get up. So Mama gets up, closes the blinds, turns on the fan, and tucks Miss Camille-ordeal into her little bed....

She stayed in there for twenty minutes, but didn't fall asleep. Oh well.

My niece is here, has been for a few days. I had a ride home for her but her parents are not home, so I will have to bring her later. I don't have the minivan, the older kids are all out at the Youth conference. So we will all get into the big van and go for a little ride. She is fine here, but with Paul coming home in the morning.....

Mirielle is nicely coming home from the conference to watch the kids so I can just go get Paul by myself, as he is coming in the morning before they are even awake. I hope he isn't too disapointed to see only me!

It seems like the more I clean the more they mess. They have been playing house, and dolls in makeshift beds are all over the place. They got into some babyclothes I have packed away to give to someone, they have some well dressed dolls. Now they are outside playing. They are loud and have so much energy. Good thing we don't live in a neighborhood.

It is cool and windy out there. I want to get out to the kitchen and make some chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

I ready for the cool fall weather. Home made cakes, pies and bread, crockpot soups I can just prepare and then ignore, etc. It's been too hot here to do much cooking this summer.