summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

the zombie made it through the day...

the best part was the pool, so cool and refreshing compared to the 90+ sunshine. As we splashed around this afternoon, laughing at Miss Camille, who got out of the pool and dried her eyes with a towel every two or three minutes, we discussed the dinner dilemma. The McDonalds' workers were gone to work, Mirielle was at the JustinBieber concert...working, not listening....and I did not feel like making dinner, again....

Samuel, Sonja, Jonathan and I went to get pizza. First we went to A.C.Moore, the nice big craft store in the small city. I didn't NEED anything from there, but when I went in and discovered the kids' crafts/toys that were on clearance were an extra 50% off..I got some for my present closet, which I had just today decided to liquidate and just buy gifts when the occasions arise. Ha, that lasted long. I just couldn't resist a picture frame making kit, regular $16 for two bucks. And so on. I also got a kids' coat tree, for my own sweaters in my room. It was marked $8, but when I got talking to the cashier, whom I actually showed my picture keychain, since she was so incredulous about all the little girls I have, she gave it to me for $4.

Then at Blockbuster, I rented five $4 movies, used a free rental coupon, and it came to $8.24. hmm.

Then at LittleCeasars, I ordered 6 pizzas, and had to wait for a bit for them, then the order was wrong, which was no big deal. But the lady gave us a coupon for a free pizza next time.

Margaret said I should buy a lottery ticket.

And: Jonathan went to bed like a little sweetie-pie tonight. I tucked him in and encouraged him to be a champ and not give in to the fooling around and fussing, and he said he would just tell himself some stories and go to sleep. And he did.

Charlotte Claire is the lucky winner of the Who-Gets-To-Sleep-With-Mom contest. She settled in and fell asleep straight away.

Emily is here visiting, this is day for her. Lots of older kids are up talking to her. I should be too.

It is 8 minutes to midnight so I guess I officially made it through the day...

highlights...

1. Rosie barfed. The whole livingroom was picked up and swept and mopped, except for the pile of dollhouse stuff Camille had dumped out. Rosie barfed right into it. Yes, we saved some of it and washed it off in the bathtub. Samuel cleaned it up for me, I owe him a million bucks. I let him rent "Blackhawk Down", again, for four dollars, because I owe him a million bucks.

2. I cleaned out the closet in my room and found two giant overflowing bags of stocking stuffers that disapeared at Christmas last year! They had a party tonight, and I gave Emily the peppermint sticks I got for her. The Tootsie Rolls in the Tootsie Roll bank were a bit sticky but tasted fine.

3. I found three brand new backpacks I had gotten last year for 75% off. Yay. Couldn't have timed it better.

4. Some close friends in our church got engaged! Congratulations, Mike and Rachael!

5. I was so busy today all I had for lunch was a spoonful of crunchy peanutbutter, and later an apple. I should do that everyday.

And that was my day.....it is now officially midnight, and I made it!

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

I cleaned out a closet on found a beautiful Christmas dress that Amanda could have worn last Christmas. I have no idea where it came from. I guess it will hang until another Christmas. Hopefully I will find it again before the two little girls have outgrown it.