summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 3, 2010

to the mall, to target, to the grocery store....

We were all scattered in all directions today. Margaret went to the fair with some girls from church, Mali and Ben went to work, Aaron stayed here with Jonathan and Charlotte Claire, Joseph was leaving to work at the State Fair with Emily and Abigail in the afternoon, Emily took Evelyn and Sonja shopping for soccer cleats for Evelyn's birthday present, then left the girls with Aaron....and I went shopping with Mirielle, Sam, Kathryn, Suzanne, and Camille. Oh, first Aaron took Charlotte Claire and Jon for ice cream in the minivan. Char did her own hair....

Here is Camille in the mall...she was watching a little girl hug and cuddle with her mommy. I must say, it WAS nice to see.



Samuel walked over to the DunkinDonuts and bought this Strawberry Coolotta for Camille.





She gave the kids some tastes. They seriously didn't want anything. But it was going on three o'clock, and we hadn't had lunch...so I got a dozen donuts. Camille had one with pink frosting. She ate the frosting first, then proceeded to eat the whole thing. I guess she WAS hungry.





Kathryn got a turn with the drink....








Suzanne...


We had fun in the mall considering we hate the mall. Camille kept taking her sandals off in the stroller, then wanting to walk. Sears was the only store I bought anything in this time. I got Sam two shirts for $1.79 each. And a nice hoodie. And four shirts for myself, two of them were $3.79, two for $4.19. Then sneakers for Kathryn for less than $8, and shoes for Charlotte Claire and Camille for $5 each.
Target was less exciting. I did buy a bucket of chlorine tablets for the pool for 50% off.
Price-Chopper.....red peppers, hot sausages, chicken tenders, croissants - $1.49 a dozen, bread and juice and cheese and eggs and DietPepsi Lime, my favorite, dishwasher stuff, shampoo, body wash...(Mirielle's home again, the coupon Queen)....Kathryn took Camille to get a balloon, then it got shut in the bathroom door and it popped. Poor Camille.
It is still strange for me to go shopping without having a baby to change and nurse, to have no diapers to change ever. I didn't love changing diapers, but I sort of miss it. I see these mommies with these babies and toddlers in the double strollers, and I wish I could tell them to just enjoy the moment, but they would probably think I was a loony. Camille's baby-ness just slipped away, no matter how hard I tried to hold on to it. That's probably why she potty trained herself and got so big and mature so fast....in fact right now, she is in the laundry room trying to get some clothes off the hanger. I told her she is not allowed to take the "bye-bye" clothes down, so she ran out here and asked PLEASE can she have the nice bye-bye pink shirt to wear....so I said yes.
So now we are home....the a.c. might get turned off in a few hours, a cold front is moving in....with some thunderstorms. Tomorrow the high will be twenty+degrees cooler than today. I love the summery days for swimming and sunning, but autum temperatures are nice for making apple pies, and I haven't made chocolate chip cookies in quite a while. Cooking on the grill is yummy, but those roasts and stews are sounding good. Is it just me, or is it all about food here? Probably because I am hungry. And if I am hungry, the kids are probably hungrier....and here I sit....








No comments: