summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 30, 2010

quiet in here.....

Even Rosie is sleeping. Every one is so tired out by Thursday, getting up and going to school and work every day, they are smart and get to bed on time. Every one but me, that is. I am not smart. I would rather be tired, and enjoy a bit of this precious quiet.

Also, I got my computer back tonight! New keyboard (didn't really need that, I mean, who needs an "F" key cover?), cord that doesn't have to be held in while I type with one hand, and it opens all the way without the screen going blank! All for the grand total of $92! I am one happy Mama tonight.

Tonight was Open House for the elementary school kids, or Open Door, as Camille called it. One of the kids corrected her, which disapointed me...I like "Open Door" much more. The two little girls were so excited that they were going to school......so after I drove to pick up Paul from work in the pouring rain, we packed them up in the bigger van and off we went. Jonathan's class room is nice and bright and cheerful, and his teacher has some frogs in an aquarium, which I guess the kids really like. Also a nice corner with foam flooring and a big rocking chair for story reading. This teacher has had lots of our kids, and she is a sweetie. (she said Jon doesn't talk much to the other kids, but he tells her EVERYTHING...uh-oh. Sounds about right. ) Then to Suzanne's class. Suze is in fourth grade, and her teacher has also had lots of our kids. Her teacher is wonderful, a wholehearted teacher, loves the kids. She told me that Suze is extra special to a girl in the class who has special needs, Suze said she has had surgeries and is very small, and sweet. Suzanne apparently plays with her at playtime and watches over her. Teacher got all teary-eyed and said what a blessing Suzanne is in the classroom. She said she was so thankful she has her in her class. Wow. It was nice to hear. Then to Miss Sonja's third grade classroom. Her teacher is also very nice. She is very outgoing and easy to talk to, and she "gets' Sonja. '

So...home in the rain.....the kids had had a wonderful dinner of: cereal. So I made some scrambled eggs with cheese, got some of them cocoa, and we ate....at eight. It messed up bed time a bit, which surprisingly bothered me. I must be getting old.

Or it was that I knew my computer was waiting for me and I wanted to get them tucked in! How terrible....

Gramma's visit was very pleasant today, once again. She has been good to us. She brought me a beautiful sweater. I opened it and looked at it and admired it, but didn't want to try it on when she was here...because what if it was too small? As soon as she left, I tried it on and it fits fine. She has one just like it. Seriously, twenty five years ago or so I never would have believed that I would love the same kind of sweater as she does....oh dear, I AM getting old....

This computer seems brand new. I love love love it. I am going to be posting three times a day again...ha.

Tomorrow, Mirielle and I are going shopping with the two little girls. We are out of milk, running out of bananas and salad fixings, we need lightbulbs and pullups and some other things I can't remember but are very important. I always forget just a few things, so the kids know I am not perfect.

We also might have to go to the dollar store to get some snacks, because they might be going camping and mountain climbing in the Adirondacks this weekend, Mirielle and Aaron and Mali and Sam and Margaret. They have to check and see if the trails are all right, we have gotten so much rain.

I should get smart and get to bed....morning comes so quickly!

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I love reading the details of your busy days:) You busy life is an encouragement to me...because so is mine and feel a little less "alone" in it all:)