summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ignoring that niggling thought...

I know I should go check on Miss Camille. She is awake in my room...which connects to a very nice bathroom filled with soap and treasures. Yesterday when I went in to greet the little varmint, she smelled suspiciously like my previously favorite perfume. When I checked the bathroom, sure enough, the box was open. I told her to stay out of my stuff. Oh, I will, Mommy...she said.

Today, we are going on an adventure, my sister-in-law Kim and I, and our two little girls. Her Danielle is five, and Miss Charlotte Claire, who is four. She is leaving her three year old home with an older daughter, and I am leaving Miss Camille home with Joseph, then Mirielle when she gets home from class....we are going to look at flower girl dresses for Danielle, who is going to be in her big brother's wedding. We thought it would be fun for just the two little girls to have some fun without their younger siblings....Kim has twelve kids, and her youngest child is just as spoiled as Miss Camille. We like to say, "he's lucky he's cute."

Anyways, we are leaving soon and plan to be gone for the whole darned day. I cannot decide whether we should go to breakfast and make it last for like two hours, or hold out and go out to lunch....or...ha, both! I am so looking forward to today. The only thing is that I feel like a mean and terrible mommy, just a rotten betrayer for leaving Camille, my sweet little squishy one, behind. She is going to be heart broken and so mad! She just came out here, took one look at me, and said, "I want to go!" I don't know how she knew, perhaps because I had brushed my long tangly hair.

I have a list of baking ingredients to get today. Yesterday, Mirielle made a pan of brownies with AfterEight mints crushed in them, to bring to girls' fellowship night. Well, they were too hot and gooey, so she traded me and brought some chocolate chip cookie bars instead. Now there is a half a pan of brownies calling me....I think I will wrap one up for Kim, and one for me, and perhaps one for each the girls....and leave the rest for the kids....

The two little girls are fighting intensely over a plastic monkey spoon...I better go before they pound each other....

No comments: