summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my two babies...

My two babies have been trying on the baby clothes. The clothes I couldn't bear to part with, that I gave them for their dollies. Charlotte Claire and Camille found they can stuff themselves into little outfits and baby hats, and they even put diapers on today....they are being babies. They also have a whole slew of baby dolls they are taking care of.



I tried to post pictures, but I have been having trouble with blogger. Sometimes when I try to post comments, the statement, "service 503 unavailable" comes up. Oh well....



Anyways, my two babies and I had a can of beef vegetable soup for lunch, with a baggie of leftover broccoli stirred in, and some rye toast, and milk. Then we made chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and had a few. (oh, my kids are going to love me when they get off that bus today!) (it smells heavenly in here, too...)



Yesterday my sister-in-law came to visit with her two little ones, so Charlotte Claire and Camille had cousins to play with! Today it is just us, though, and it is so quiet. I am thinking we will have to do some library trips, and perhaps a zoo trip. Or maybe take a ride up and get some apples and visit Martha.



I have cleaned today....picked up, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, washed pans.....and I have played with my girls...Camille can count to 15, and Charlotte Claire knows some of the letters in sign language. She also knows the concept of numbers and can count things and tell you how many there would be if we ate one, or we found two more....they haven't been too crazy today, like they can be sometimes, they are just playing dolls and Barbies and being mommies. They DID come out wearing giant tights pulled up to their chins at one point, prompting me to rush into the girls' room and make sure they were not trashing it....(they are NOT allowed in there anyway) when they get to laughing that certain way, I know their sanity is temporarily gone and they are totally silly. That is when they do things like dump and throw. Right now they are taking turns pulling each other in a plastic bin.



The weather today is totally perfect. Cloudy and cool, 63 degrees. Perfect for baking, perfect for staying inside. I am thinking ...nap and good book....ha. Well, I AM thinking it.....doesn't mean it will happen, though.



One of the hardest things about living in a house with 16 people in it (plus the two girls who have moved out sometimes eat dinner with us, too) is dinner. Yesterday, I had nothing planned for dinner. The kids came in and had all kinds of yummy things for after-school snacks....Mali had to be picked up from cross-country, and some of the kids had to be at children's choir at seven. Partly because I had Kim over to visit, I didn't give dinner much thought. So it sneaked up on me. And it had to be quick because of kids leaving.... There was a nice container of leftover pieces of chicken from Sunday. Not enough for everyone.... so I opened three cans of chicken and wild rice soup, added some diced tomatoes and a can of cream of celery soup, and some leftover chicken, all shredded up. I thought it was good, they hated it. Well, one of them asked for seconds, but I had that feeling that she was just doing it so I didn't feel bad, she didn't eat it. They didn't sit there and complain or anything, they just hardly ate it. It could have been the big snacks they had (I need work on that, doling out the snacks...I am just too nice sometimes...) Paul wasn't even home from dinner.....anway, it is like a nightmare to try to put that much food together at the last minute. One would think I would learn.



Oh well....

2 comments:

Mom said...

So, I have to know--did he like your new room?

Farmers Wifey said...

Just wanted to say what an beautiful family you have...