summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 15, 2010

afternoon lull.....

The older kids came home from school, they are having a snack and watching "Curious George" with the two little ones. Camille and Charlotte Claire were quite busy today. I think they get lonely sometimes....I mean, some of the kids skipped Friday, so these two were with lots of siblings for three days, then all of the school kids went to school today....so they got into some play-lipstick, soaped their hands and arms up to their elbows, twice, dumped out several bins of dollhouse stuff to find all the people, started fooling around while eating their CocoaKrispies and made a mess, took all the clean bedding from the couch and made a huge nest on the floor....but other than that, they were fine!

Benjamin leaves in one week.....wah. But it is a good thing for him. I hope those Army seargants are nice to him. ha. I also hope he doesn't change too much....come home hard-hearted and tough and different....after all, he is my son, my little guy.

We are having our Thanksgiving celebration the day before he leaves, so we have six days 'til Turkey Day. Mirielle are going to plan what we need soon, and remember to take the bird out of the freezer by Wednesday. On real Thanksgiving, I don't know what we'll do...perhaps chicken wings and bruschetta or something snacky like that.....I wonder what Ben will be doing on Real Thanksgiving.....

I need to go on my walk....I have been doing so-so....not every day, but on the days I don't go shopping, so that isn't really enough. It is kind of depressing, the days are flying by, and I haven't made a stinking bit of progress....I bought two swimsuits online, and blah, they look a lot different on me than on those models on the website...I tried them on, and felt like crying. I think I was unconsciously hoping for a miracle. At least I have been going tanning....every other day. For some reason I can accomplish that...I think because it is so relaxing. And yes, I know it is unhealthy, but it is unhealthier for me to go to the beach with these legs...so shockingly white on the backs.....

Well, I need to get Benjamin to the small city to talk to the Seargant about some paperwork....never a dull moment....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

Where did you order from? They have some nice ones for big women at http://junonia.com

Mom said...

I will be praying for you and Benjamin as he gets ready to start this new chapter in his life. His faith (and yours) will be so helpful to him. If he ends up in Texas at Fort Hood, I have good a friend whose husband is a chaplain there. Also totally understand the bathing suit and the miracle wanting and the blah feeling. Yea. It's a journey not a race. ;-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Kim, that is very kind of you. I am not sure exactly where he will be or if he will be allowed to leave the base, but I will certainly be in touch with you if it seems possible for him...I think he would love it. Tereza, I got the suits from onestopplus, which has so many to choose from I just closed my eyes and picked one...ha.

16 blessings'mom said...

Kim, it just occured to me that I perhaps shouldn't have published your comment with your email address and all...so I deleted it...not without keeping all the info, though! Sorry! Sometimes I don't think...then a little while later, uh-oh....