summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 15, 2010

a night in court....

My dear Benjamin got a ticket a year ago last summer...he forgot all about it...he found it when he was cleaning his room a while ago...he called the court, and was told it was "forgotten about"...so he figured he got off lucky...well, the other day he recieved a nice little letter from the Department of Vehicles of New York State that stated he would be soon losing his driver's license if he didn't appear in court and take care of the ticket....so, tonight was court.....

I wanted to dress like a Responsible Mother of A Good Son. How did I do? (and you are supposed to be looking at me, not the Halloween candy bags on top of the 'fridge) Benjamin also dressed quite nicely. But I think it was the fact that he is leaving for the Army next week that helped him...I have permission from the judge to contact the D.A. on Benjamin's behalf to ask for the charge to be reduced, then forward the correspondance to the judge, then recieve the final judgment....which hopefully is cheaper than what the judge appromiximated tonight, around $400....(he also had a vehicle light out....).....Never a dull moment.

anyway.....the kids are tucked in, the younger ones...the older ones are up, Paul is home from his activity club/song meeting....so I need to talk to him while I can....


2 comments:

Tereza said...

you're too funny:) Jonathan says he is not looking at you but at the candy bags...that's a lot of candy!
you look quite pretty by the way and very responsible:):)

Enola said...

Be sure to tell the Judge and DA that your son is going off to serve our country. That will go a long way in getting a reduction.