summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

another day, another bale of hay...

That's what Mr. Ed The Talking Horse said...instead of "another day, another dollar"...okay, that was an old show.

But it IS another day, they go by faster and faster and we take them so for granted.

Mali so nicely made a huge batch of chocolate chocolate chip cookies last night so she could bring some for her friend's birthday. Oh, what a plague to me! I have not eaten one yet, and I have been up for almost two hours. I think I will go pack them into a container and put them in the cupboard, then I won't be able to hear them calling me so loudly. For most people, out of sight would be out of mind, but I cannot forget about chocolate chocolate chip cookies. ha.

Benjamin and I have another date today.....our dance card is just full. We have to go talk to the Seargant again (his last name starts with the letter "M", so I call him Seargant Murphy (not to his face)(from Richard Scarry))....and to the Department of Motor Vehicles so Ben can find out exactly how many points he has on his license. This is pertinent in our plea to the District Attorney. Oh Benjamin, you alone have given me more gray hair than all the others put together, but I love you to pieces anyway.

We shall take two little girls with us on our excursions because today is another Dome Day. Another basketball game for our church to do concessions at...Mirielle and Joseph and Aaron and Mali will be going. Paul is skipping this one. He did something to his back, I am hoping and praying it gets better soon.

Some random items....in no special order....

1. I think Rosie has a tick on her back....I am not looking forward to removing it, so I am procrastinating just a little. I also need to stop at the pet store today and get her some good flea/tick prevention. The Walmart stuff just doesn't cut it. Obviously.

2. Charlotte Claire is the only little girl up, and one could be amused all day just listening to her with her dollhouse people...

3. The couch monster is alive and well.

4. The garbage man never came last week. I wasn't home on Garbage Day, and I think Mr. Joseph let Rosie out without tying her up. So our garbage is overflowing it's happy home, and we look like slobs to passer-bys.

5. I scraped the hard water deposit from our dishwasher with a butter knife yesterday...chunks and piles of stuff came off....then I vacuumed it up and it clogged up the hoses of the vacuum cleaner....so I had to wash them in the bathtub.....then I ran the dishwasher with IronOut. The next load of dishes had to be washed twice, and there still are pieces of stuff flying around in there...ugh. We need one with a filter on it.

6. I still haven't gotten out the coats and boots and mittens. I did go through the jackets and sweaters on the hooks, but most of them are still keepers so I didn't make tons of room for winter coats....oh well, there isn't snow yet.

7. Our trip is getting closer and closer, and I am getting nervous about the new airline screening programs...blah, full body scanner or pat-down....hmm...what will I choose?

8. Camille cannot sleep without having at least ten dollhouse people in her bed with her, along with one of my battery-operated candles......she must know that at bed time, Mom is willing to let her do most anything, as long as she goes to bed......

9. It feels strange to never change diapers anymore. If anyone has a baby they don't want, I will take it.

10. My little Camille is singing in her bed now....these two little girls are having such a good year together....playing and getting into things all day long. The do fight sometimes, but usually just a quick punch or scratch and they are friends again...

11. I cannot wait until our vacation....oh, sun and sand and warm ocean water and having Paul all to myself....I just wish I could skip over the travelling part and just be there. (planes are nighmares....narrow aisles, tiny bathrooms, and truthfully, I do not like flying...it is scary.) Airports are scary too, I am one of those people who feels guilty when walking past the Walmart greeters on the way out the door, hoping the beeper won't go off, even though I did NOT steal anything....I try to look innocent. Same with crossing the border into Canada....I am not smuggling anything or anyone, but all the same, I get nervous.

I need to go wash my long tangly hair and start on the laundry. Two wet bedding sets today. And who in the heck took all of our socks again? No matter how many I buy.....

4 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I am longing for no more diapers, I really can not wait, and I am sure that my 15 years of diapers is alot less then you have had.

Tereza said...

SoI guess nothing will go wrong today cause you're washing your hair! Wohooo...it shall be a great day!:):)

I had one cryig over socks this morning. Blah....hate socks...they are always lost!

Martha said...

"Sergeant Murphy..." That is a rather nice name for a police officer, or better yet a state trooper.

I am thinking twice about flying anywhere. My son has elected to drive home from Minnesota for Christmas rather than subject himself to such tyranny.

Oh yes, and Mr. Ed... We bought a video of "Lost TV Shows" and found Mr. Ed on it. He was advertising government bonds, I think. What we really found amusing were the "You Bet Your Life" episodes with Groucho Marx. They were funny.

PS. I have decided that since you are just one year younger than me, and I started having children in 1981, I could be up to at least a couple dozen or so by now... Now that is something to think about!

mommeeof10 said...

My kids can never find their own socks, since they take them off and leave them instrange places-the sandbox, in the van, one in the dining room and one in the laundry room... So the borrow dad's, which are the only ones I usually get around to matching. "His socks fit me, why bother to find my own" seems to be the family motto. :)