summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

heard from my boy this morning....

He called me from his new friend's phone, as his doesn't get service down there. He had a few hours off for Thanksgiving. He is still at the processing center, he said there are about a thousand guys there. Next week he will start basic training. He said he is coming home for Christmas, no matter if it uses up all the leave he hasn't earned yet.

It is so chilly today! I took Rosie out this morning, and brr! I put some Pillsbury cinnamon and orange rolls in the oven, just 24, to warm up the kitchen and make it smell good in here. And of course because I wanted one with my coffee. Mirielle is the main Brunch Director, and she is still sleeping, and we are getting hungry.....

I got the dresses I ordered from Target. I ordered five, because there is free shipping on orders of $50 or more. They were all 75% off....I am sending only one back. But for less than $5o, four new dresses...two are sleeveless, one is a sundress, and one has elbow length sleeves. I am so glad I got them, now that we are going to the "nicer" hotel, I will have some things to wear.

I have to go to bed early tonight so I can get up in the wee hours and go shopping. Yes, I am one of the crazy ones who does that. I haven't missed a year for several years now, babies or pregnancies or whatever, I always went. The craziest time was when Miss Camille was a newborn....it was snowy and freezing.....I stayed out of the crowded areas though. I bring older kids, and they go and get things while I stay with the cart in quieter places. We usually start at Walmart, then go to Radio Shack or Walgreens, then down to Target....and home for a nap. Perhaps Kmart, too. I do have some good stuff in my present closet already. Wow, I just re -read this paragraph and it sounds like I am a horrible mother.

Since it IS Thanksgiving Day, I shall be thankful for some things...

1. Jon's spiderman suit. He has it on right now, it must make driving his remote control truck over all the stuff on the living room floor more fun.

2. Charlotte Claire's pretty dress. I loved it the first time I saw it at Target, and when it went down to 75% off, I bought it. She wears it at least five days a week, it always comes out of the wash looking new and nice.

3. My new red slippers. I am specifically thankful that they haven't disapeared into the land of lost socks yet.

4. Mirielle's kitchen skills. She has that youthful ambition...because honestly, I am reaching the point where I want to do things the easiest way and keep it simple....she likes to make really good things, homemade and from scratch.

5. Orange juice. We used to have this everyday, but it seems so expensive now, and we go through it so fast, it is now a treat to have it in the house. We will have some this morning, and we will appreciate it.

And of course all the obvious things, like Paul and the kids and my friends, and my washer and dryer and running water and my comfy bed, and Rosie-The-Bad-Dog.

I suppose I shall get moving now....Happy happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Not sure hwere you get your energy from...I stay home as much as I can and dislike shopping with kids!

Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving!